Controversial Recipe Ingredients

Bell peppers should be outlawed. Just plain inedible. (wife loves them).

Curry is horrible as well. Cilantro is never needed.

Mushrooms don't add some awful taste, so I can pick them out.

I like the flavor orange. I like ice cream. But the 2 do not belong together. ever.

A slice of cheddar on a piece of apple pie,
Turkey and jelly sandwich
Jalapeno, cheese and jelly on a cracker

I used to have a cilantro and an IPA aversion but somehow I have learned to love them both.

I will literally eat just about anything or at least am open to trying, couple of exceptions are canned fish/seafood (growing up on the coast just got used to FRESH, the rest tastes like chit to me... especially canned clams, oysters, might add well brine s pencil eraser🤢). The other that you can run me out of camp with us those little Vienna sausages 🤮🤮Just WTF is that stuff? My pops used to warm them up on the radiator of the Cat when we were logging. Scarfed em down and drank the juice, I can feel the bile building just typing this...

Man, you guys need to get out more.

I don't have any controversial limits. These were really good, just make sure to not get a sticker to the tongue:

FgAwrY2.jpg

These were fun too and you don't have to worry about any stickers:

X3KogA0.jpg

Man, you guys need to get out more.

I don't have any controversial limits. These were really good, just make sure to not get a sticker to the tongue:

FgAwrY2.jpg

These were fun too and you don't have to worry about any stickers:

X3KogA0.jpg

Actually bugs are probably ok unless they're those juicy grubs look like they'd pop like a zit

Saffron, that craps expensive as all get out and always calls for the tiniest smidgeon. If I see a recipe with it I either don’t make the recipe or skip that ingredient. Maybe I’m missing something here.
What?!?! You can’t get that aromatic flavor from anything else. A tiny bit goes a long way though.

You anti avocado, anti cilantro guys are heathens.

But oysters...I can not help the feeling that I’m choking down a big gob of snot. 🤷🏻‍♀️

A slice of cheddar on a piece of apple pie,
Turkey and jelly sandwich
Jalapeno, cheese and jelly on a cracker

I used to have a cilantro and an IPA aversion but somehow I have learned to love them both.
I like all of those and almost exclusively drink IPAs. Sometimes an IPA & tacos with cilantro on it are consumed in tandem.

i don't drink beer. literally none. ever.

whisk(e)y only. always.

okay maybe that has more to do with the fact beer really makes my stomach hurt for some reason i haven't been able to identify. but i really don't care why anyway, whisk(e)y and Truly makes the world go round

if i did drink beer, IPAs would be on the bottom of my list, if they were even on it at all 😁

I truly feel bad for so many of you missing out on some great food! I’ll see if I can pick out a few that were mentioned:

Hawaiian pizza was a family favorite growing up. It’s ok by me, BUT two ingredients make it better! In addition to the regular Canadian bacon and pineapple, add regular bacon and jalapeños. Local restaurante called it the “Fat Hawaiian” and I’m a big fan.

I didn’t know what a taco was supposed to be before I I added cilantro and avocado/guacamole. Best enjoyed with a pale ale of some sort.

Must be a texture thing, but sour cream, Mayo, and even ranch has been avoided for most of my life. Though I’m coming around to ranch on a salad.

Tomatoes are wonderful fresh from the garden, in pasta, and even in ketchup occasionally, but tomato soup is not worth having unless it’s the smallest amount to add to a grilled cheese.

Mushrooms belong on more dishes than off them.

Tater tot casserole. Will not eat it, I have no issues with the ingredients separately but you combine them all and it’s disgusting.

Raw oysters are overrated. Roasted or lightly steamed over a wood fire with some melted butter or hot sauce on the other hand...
There used to be a wonderful restaurant here on the highway called the Lone Jack Steak Company that did all you can eat NY strips and Oysters on the half shell every Sunday. People came from all over to enjoy. Alas, gone forever. The building has become a chainsaw and rigging shop. More of what folks expect out here than a fine restaurant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back