Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Congrats Big Fin!

Ben Lamb

Tester announces members of Sportsmen’s Caucus advisory group

Randy Newberg currently is the host and producer of the critically acclaimed outdoor show On Your Own Adventures, a show focused on teaching hunters how to hunt on public lands, without guides. Newberg has been a committee chairman and board member for many conservation groups. He is currently Treasurer and past President of Orion the Hunters Institute. He is a co-founder of a local rod and gun club, Headwaters Fish and Game Association in Bozeman.

Hah! Damn howdy... It is good to know such of B-Fin! A humble person you are... great to know we have such people willing to give time for our outdoor activities! (Thanks for sharing, B-Lamb)

Thanks Randy for all you do!

Wonder if Fin knows?:confused:;) Kind of like getting voted in as HOA president without being at the voting meeting.

He'll do great and I'm sure he just wanted wanted to add another thing to his plate:rolleyes:

Boy, BigFin must have a one trip buffet style plate, it's gotta be heaping over by now. Thanks for all you do for the Sportsmen BigFin.

Wonder if Fin knows?:confused:;) Kind of like getting voted in as HOA president without being at the voting meeting.

He'll do great and I'm sure he just wanted wanted to add another thing to his plate:rolleyes:

I knew. I was surprised they even asked. Did not know whether or not I would be invited after being asked. Learned about it by reading this thread.

I am known by most state Democrats as one of those fiscal conservative Republican guys who is a very strong advocate of self-reliance and staunch defender of property rights.

And I am known by the Republicans as one of those radical environmentalist communists who want us to leave fish and game issues alone, and heaven forbid, advocates for public property rights, such as public wildlife and public lands, the same as he does for private property rights.

Takes some political courage to appoint a wingnut like me to any committe, regardless of which side of the aisle you come from. I have a hard time keeping a closed mouth when it comes to certain issues. But, I sleep much better that way.

There are some great wildlife and wild land advocates on that list. Whether you agree with their political affiliations, or not, I would welcome any and everyone of them to my hunting camp. Those on that committee have demonstrated they can put the politcs aside and work for wildlife, hunters, and anglers. All of them have volunteered thousands of hours to the cause, giving me excitement to serve with them.

Ben Lamb is a well-deserved nominee. Hopefully it is not just a "coffee committee." I hope we are asked to advise on difficult topics, and have the knock-down drag-out arguments that results in some ideas that can improve the situation for hunters and anglers, our public lands, and the wildlife that lives there.

Most of the guys I know on that list are outstanding picks (with one exception). I've been fortunate enough to work with Karl Rappold, and a number of the other nominees.

Brett Todd is another outstanding pick, as is Ryan Busse (who is the VP of sales for Kimber).

I found out about through a google alert, so your surprise was mine as well.

From talking with Senator Tester's staff, it's clear that they want this to be an active and engaged council, and they will be leaning on those folks heavily for the next congressional session.

Hah! Damn howdy... It is good to know such of B-Fin! A humble person you are... great to know we have such people willing to give time for our outdoor activities! (Thanks for sharing, B-Lamb)

Thanks Randy for all you do!

...my thoughts also, congrats Ben and Fin.

I too would like to congratulate both of you. Good luck in your new endeavor and hopefully you can make a difference for all sportsmen/women.

Hats off to Randy!!! and to Mr tester for attempting to do something about the future of Montana's wild life and wild places.Looks like he put together a good board.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back