Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Concealed Carry Pistol ???

buckykm1

What would your first choice be for a concealed carry pistol ??.
My Glock model 22 is a little big for that.
I am looking for some suggestion on what to get.

Thanks
Kevin

I have carried a Springfield XD compact in the past, and it was a bit bulky. A few months ago I picked up a Kimber Solo in 9 mm and love it, hardly know its there and is just a smooth shooting quality pistol. Guy in my office carries the SIG P938, but side by side.....I like the Kimber.

My wife and I carry the Springfield XDs .45 and love them. IMO, it's not bulky at all. I use a Crossbreed IWB Supertuck holster, and she uses a Flashbang holster. Being a single stack, it's thinner than the Glock counterpart, but holds less in the magazine.

I would highly suggest borrow or rent at the range various CC handguns to see what best fits you in relation to caliber, size, various safeties, etc before you drop a few hundred dollars. Spend alot of time at the range with the one you think you might want. You have to remember, you are trusting it for your protection.

Last edited:
Revolver or pistol?

What caliber?

How concealable?

Some ideas for you would be:

Kahr CW or PM models
Springfield XDS
Glock 36
S&W Bodyguard
Ruger LC9

If they fit your budget, the Kahr PM pistols are some of the nicest conceal carry guns out there IMO.

Actually, I am going to get 2.
1 for me either a 9MM or a 40, I really like Glock. I already have model 22.
Something that I can carry in my waist band or on my ankle.

And I want to get something for my Wife, either a 380 or a 9mm. more then likely something for in her purse.

Thanks
Kevin

My wife and I carry the Springfield XDs .45 and love them. IMO, it's not bulky at all. I use a Crossbreed IWB Supertuck holster, and she uses a Flashbang holster. Being a single stack, it's thinner than the Glock counterpart, but holds less in the magazine.

I would highly suggest borrow or rent at the range various CC handguns to see what best fits you in relation to caliber, size, various safeties, etc before you drop a few hundred dollars. Spend alot of time at the range with the one you think you might want. You have to remember, you are trusting it for your protection.

What is stated above is the best advice possible. I learned the hard way. I bought a "smaller" pistol and with large hands I could never get comfortable with the trigger pull. The pull was way too long and the fit was terrible. I ended up with a Springfield XDs in the .45 and love the gun. Fits great and is small enough to carry.

good luck to all
the dog

Definitely get to a range and test shoot some of the ones you're interested in, especially if you or your wife haven't shot these particular pistols much. For example, I bought a S&W 380, it has a very long and heavy trigger pull, my wife doesn't shoot it near as well as she does her .38 so the .380 sees very little time out of the gun safe. Rent 'em, borrow 'em or just check 'em out at the gun counter, but go with what fits each of you.

I like my M&P shield so much I got rid of my glock 26 and my 380BG. I did look at a kimber solo the other day first one I every saw very nice pistol.

And I want to get something for my Wife, either a 380 or a 9mm. more then likely something for in her purse.

Thanks
Kevin

When my wife was looking for a holster, she originally thought about carrying in her purse. Heck, that's where they haul everything else, so why not. After research, it became clear that this is not the place to carry. Her purse is stolen, so will her protection, or she may not be carrying her purse. My wife carries on her person.
With women's tight fitting apparel, that does cause a problem with printing. She wears, like mentioned earlier, a Flashbang holster. Even with tight fitting blouses, you'll never know she's carrying a .45 ACP.

Just something to think about.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S72aeGdKmZw

Sig 238, kahr pm9 are my favorites. I occasionally carry a sw 638. I like to have crimson trace grips for carry guns. Make sure your gal can work the slide comfortably, this is a standard problem.

I have 2 compacts both in 40 cal. M&P 40c and Glock 23 gen4. I carry the M&P most of the time and it's super comfy in the 4-5 o'clock position. Be sure to check out the M&P shield as well as I hear nothing but good about it.

I have an IWB/OWB holster so I can use it for both. When I carry it hunting I do OWB, on the street IWB and concealed.

I'm a big Glock fan but I wish they made a single stack version of the 26 and 27. So, I've been carrying the S&W Shield in a Hidden Hybrid Holster. I love the gun and also the IWB carry option. My back-up weapon to the Shield is a Kahr CM9. It is almost as small as the Ruger LCP but in 9mm.

Go shoot a bunch and then go buy a Glock 19 and be happy. Carry it in a CTAC and all will be good in the world. If you want smaller get the 26.

I'm a big Glock fan but I wish they made a single stack version of the 26 and 27. So, I've been carrying the S&W Shield in a Hidden Hybrid Holster. I love the gun and also the IWB carry option. My back-up weapon to the Shield is a Kahr CM9. It is almost as small as the Ruger LCP but in 9mm.

There are new models coming. The 41 looks to be a single stack 380, the 42 a competition model 45 like the 34/35. Question is, what is the model 40? Hoping for a single stack 9. We shall see at shot show.

Go shoot a bunch and then go buy a Glock 19 and be happy.

Sound Advice! I carry a Glock 19 in a Comp Tac MTAC. It may feel a bit bulky at first, but once you get used to it, it just feels natural. And, before the question comes up... No, I do not feel under gunned with a 9mm with Quality defensive ammo.

The other thing you may consider... If you are considering getting a .380 or 9mm for your wife, if you get her a Glock 26 you would be able to share ammo. And if push comes to shove, she could use your mags. Compatibility can be helpful in a pinch.

I am new to handgun hunting and CC. I went cheap on the CC and regret it. I bought a Taurus TCP .380. I assumed all small handguns would be similar anyway...WRONG! It is a fine, cheap, handgun, that if kept clean operates pretty well. But it is not fun for ME to shoot. I don't have big hands at all and its still not much fun. I put a slip-on rubber grip over it and that helps. My fiancé and daughter will not shoot it as they are used to bigger handguns (GP100) with bigger grips to hang on to and they feel like the TCP will jump out of their hands. It has gotten better for me, but it is quite snappy. As said many times before, shoot one before you buy, I will next time.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back