Com'on man

I didn't watch. Those debates are always a useless shouting match. Anyone could have predicted that for Trump. Misbehaving has been his schtick forever. That and attacking everyone. He's the definition of inarticulate ... and stupid. I watched the ballgame instead.

I had to put up with the Democrat candidate debate because I was in the hospital and guy in the next bed had the remote control. It was awful. Especially Pocahontus. Like watching a failed preacher and motivational speaker. Ugh!

The only thing worse than the US presidential debates is the total lack of decorum in the Canadian election debates. Really, really bad! And four or five people going at it instead of just two. Or Question Period in Parlaiment. Now that is shameful. Incessant heckling. Kids in kindergarten have more manners ... and self respect. If I was Speaker, I'd be throwing my gavel or anything else I could get my hands on at some of those "honourable" people. It would be hard to pick out just one target.

Last edited:
I recently watched a PBS talk show where Bill Clinton and George W sat down and discussed their time as president. Clearly the two guys are opposites and don't care much for each other but it was very pleasant to watch. Even inspirational, especially in these times. They acted like the grown up people they are. Bill got a bit overblown a time or two but had the good sense to read Bush's body language and give up the floor. The moderator really had very little to do. The dialogue was generally balanced, respectful, and thoughtful. I'll never forget the end. Question was what quality did they think was most important for being an effective president. Bush's answer "humility" was no doubt directed at the current buffoon-in-chief but he was looking right at Clinton. Of course Bill jumped right on that bandwagon and blabbed away for a couple of minutes before he noticed Bush's smirk. Then he caught on. He handled it in stride with a smile and chuckle. Both men know what they are ... and what they aren't. Trump hasn't got a clue.

Last edited:
The question was one served as a basketball on a tee with a cricket bat to hit with. And he whiffed....how hard would it have been to say yes I totally 100% do not support these groups of any type.

Just like the one asking if he would urge his supporters to respect election results and not riot.
Hes said it a hundred times. What more do you want? What good has it done him when people keep asking, and keep calling him a racist nazi etc? https://streamable.com/sr9o2s

I am saddened but not surprised by the name calling in this thread. I get it but they were put in this position by voters. I won’t state why in my opinion President Trump is in office but some honest internalizing could help a few with that. I have a lifetime of participating in elections and sometimes the candidate I favored won and sometimes not but I always hope that the President in office will do the best for the Country and I pull for them.
I am a policy voter. Some of you act like this is the first time ever to have to choose from a half bucket of cess or a full bucket.
As to the three party system, I think President Trump’s approval rating has been in the 40%’s (and don’t even talk about the popular vote. I don’t want NY and CA telling me how to live in Montana).
My point is a LOT of folks are happy with this President whether you like it or not. They elected him. So let’s say 40% like him and 60% don’t.
How about having a President with 34% approval and the remainder of the Country hating him. That is possible with a true third party system.

Glad I went to bed at 8:30 like always. I don't think one single debate has ever swayed my vote because by that point in time, my mind is pretty well made up. Of course, I do read and research a candidate's positions, flip-flops, record of past legislative actions, etc before I cast my vote. Reading and research seems a stretch too much for many nowadays unfortunately.

Its amazing how many R's are actually libertarian yet vote R...

Libertarians work within the party system that most closely reflects their ideology and that would be core Republicanism. Many professed R’s are actually Libertarian. I vote R but hold very Libertarian views. We have to work within the system available to us to be effective. Nothing amazing about that at all.

Libertarians work within the party system that most closely reflects their ideology and that would be core Republicanism. Many professed R’s are actually Libertarian. I vote R but hold very Libertarian views. We have to work within the system available to us to be effective. Nothing amazing about that at all.
Maybe "core Republicanism" but there's no way you can say with a straight face that the current Republican party actually reflects libertarian ideology. The Trump administration has no interest in reigning in government spending or fiscal responsibility and by making "support Trump" the entirety of the 2020 platform, the RNC gave up any pretense of anything else. And executive overreach was only bad when Obama did it.

Maybe "core Republicanism" but there's no way you can say with a straight face that the current Republican party actually reflects libertarian ideology. The Trump administration has no interest in reigning in government spending or fiscal responsibility and by making "support Trump" the entirety of the 2020 platform, the RNC gave up any pretense of anything else. And executive overreach was only bad when Obama did it.
Welcome to HT..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back