MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Commissioner Tag Habitat Raffle: SOLD

It was, I meant 102.

Although I'm not sure why so many residents put in for it.
That country has some great genetics. On a good moisture year, there are some tanks that come out of that desert country. I just met a fella the other day who lives in RS and has hunted it for himself and others often. Says there are a lot of 27+" bucks but often they don't throw the deep forks, or enough forks in general to score that well.

quite a few 200” deer are spotted there every year… how many come out of those 2 units in full velvet? I know notta about them….
Matt
There are a couple of other high country hunts that would likely provide as good of quality potential that one could pick with a Comm. tag. 141 and 117 in particular.

My first questions to anyone who uses that tag on a pronghorn;
“Do you feel safe at home?”
“Do you know what year it is?”
Elk are big dumb animals, pronghorn are graceful, witty creatures.

Or maybe I'd just rather get up at 8 am, eat breakfast, walk a half a mile and pack out 50 lbs of meat and horn vs spending 2 weeks sleeping in a hammock on some ridge line, eating some crappy freeze dried BS, hiking 200 miles and packing out 200lbs of meat and horn😆

In all honesty, if I won the tag, and someone knew of a unit where I could 100% get a bull bigger than a 5x5 no more than a mile from a road, I may change my tune. I wouldn't want to spend a tag like that on a 30% success rate after hunting your heart out for 2 weeks unit, I can do that for cheap here in Colorado 🤣

Elk are big dumb animals, pronghorn are graceful, witty creatures.

Or maybe I'd just rather get up at 8 am, eat breakfast, walk a half a mile and pack out 50 lbs of meat and horn vs spending 2 weeks sleeping in a hammock on some ridge line, eating some crappy freeze dried BS, hiking 200 miles and packing out 200lbs of meat and horn😆
All I can say is , roger that. Pronghorn is a fun hunt.

It would be a hard decision for sure, but only between elk and mule deer. All these years I've put in for the same elk unit without drawing (already mentioned on this thread) and I think I'd still consider skipping it for for a late season mule deer tag.

Monday is the big day. Someone is going to have a damn good start to the week.

Do we have a Harry Gibson from FL in here!?
It sounds as if congratulations are in order. Harry Gibson (FL), I wish you the best of success, however, if you find you cannot accept this opportunity, contact me at your earliest convenience. I'm sure we could work something out (wink, wink).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back