PEAX Equipment

Commissioner Tag Habitat Raffle: SOLD

Heyjbales

Hey Guys! Last couple years I've been posting up our Wyoming Commissioner Tag Raffle for the Wyoming Wildlife Federation. This HuntTalk community has been so eager to buy tickets, so thanks for supporting the Federation these past few years with ticket purchases.

This tag's tix are $150 and there are only 180/300 tix left, so go check it out.

The winner gets to choose either a single deer, elk, or antelope hunt in the state. The last three guys have all chosen elk tags - two in the desert and one in the late migration - and all taken great bulls.

Plus, it's always nice knowing your money goes directly to on-the-ground projects with this tag. We're planning on over half a dozen projects this year, including some massive ones like putting in 60 analog beaver dams to help with drought, removing 17+ miles of unused sheep fence from the Baggs mule deer migration corridor (Region W) and spraying for invasive grasses south of Rock Springs.

Let me know if you guys have any questions! Thanks as always!

Apply for Utah Elk or Buy a WY Commissioner Habitat Hunt (raffle) Ticket?

I was going to start a new thread for this, but I think I already have my answer. For me, with no points in the Utah system and expecting it to take years, if ever, to be drawn, why wouldn't I just buy into the WY Commissioner's Habitat Raffle and blow off the idea of Utah's draw altogether?

I think Randy's latest convinced me to buy a raffle ticket. Tell me where I'm wrong?

Apply for Utah Elk or Buy a WY Commissioner Habitat Hunt (raffle) Ticket?

I was going to start a new thread for this, but I think I already have my answer. For me, with no points in the Utah system and expecting it to take years, if ever, to be drawn, why wouldn't I just buy into the WY Commissioner's Habitat Raffle and blow off the idea of Utah's draw altogether?

I think Randy's latest convinced me to buy a raffle ticket. Tell me where I'm wrong?

I personally buy tickets of other folks' raffles for this exact reason! Doesn't take much coin for this kind of a raffle to offer significantly better odds than the draw. Man, thanks for the support!

I personally buy tickets of other folks' raffles for this exact reason! Doesn't take much coin for this kind of a raffle to offer significantly better odds than the draw. Man, thanks for the support!
For Wyoming in specific, it technically isn't a good deal (sorry @Heyjbales I really don't mean to deter people from buying these raffle tickets!).

The two most in demand elk hunts for NR last year carried 0.63% draw odds in the no point random draw. Your odds above are 1/300 or .33%

The cost to apply for the Wyoming elk tag this application season was $32.68 = $15 app fee + ($692 elk fronted license cost + $15 app fee)*0.025 cc fee. The cost of the raffle is $150

Double the odds just about and costs about 1/5 of the raffle.

Helping you back out now @Heyjbales : No reason why you can't do both though :)

For Wyoming in specific, it technically isn't a good deal (sorry @Heyjbales I really don't mean to deter people from buying these raffle tickets!).

The two most in demand elk hunts for NR last year carried 0.63% draw odds in the no point random draw. Your odds above are 1/300 or .33%

The cost to apply for the Wyoming elk tag this application season was $32.68 = $15 app fee + ($692 elk fronted license cost + $15 app fee)*0.025 cc fee. The cost of the raffle is $150

It costs me ~$60 to hunt WY elk every year. I still bought a $150 ticket for a good cause and a minute chance at a dream hunt.

Luckily you don't have to choose elk. You can choose mule deer which, odds aside, easily triples the value of a commissioner's tag. :)

Doubtful anyone would get anything other than a deer tag if they win this. The most likely tag for that is the 128 late and last year NRs had a 1 In 704 chance at the random tag. So the commissioner raffle is actually much better odds of drawing...

If you aren’t within a point or two of max you’ll statistically never draw 124 elk. So statistically this is your best chance.

Doubtful anyone would get anything other than a deer tag if they win this. The most likely tag for that is the 128 late and last year NRs had a 1 In 704 chance at the random tag. So the govermor raffle is actually about twice the likelyhood of drawing...
TOUCHE with the deer!

Double your odds for more than x5 the cost than (deer tag is less so smaller cc fee).

Hah. You absolutely just showed my bias towards muleys. I was looking at like the 130 migration hunt Randy did, or the late Dubois tag where there are either 1 or zero random tags offered to nonresidents.

Thank you because I'll be sure to use more accurate nomenclature next time! And hey, I appreciate you bringing it back around to supporting the cause at the end of your message. At the end of the day, you bet the cause is worth it IMO. 😉

Doubtful anyone would get anything other than a deer tag if they win this. The most likely tag for that is the 128 late and last year NRs had a 1 In 704 chance at the random tag. So the commissioner raffle is actually much better odds of drawing...
Man after my own heart. haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back