PEAX Equipment

coming into focus

Hatchie Dawg

When I came off the mountain last November after an unsuccessful 1st attempt at elk, I stopped at the first gas station and got me a Hostess cherry pie and a bag of Cracker Jacks. My 44 y/o body was as hard as it had been in 20 years or so but quickly went down hill as I fumbled around in a bit of a funk and ate a lot of junk food. I quit training altogether.

I was torn as to where to make next year's hunt and a bit disheartened after all the work then coming up empty. Damn I would hate to do that again. But the harvest stats came out a last week and "my units" numbers held up, and I finalized my choice for a hunt.

What a difference a little finality makes. I am running, improving my diet, and back on the weights. Even with the lay off I find I am further along than I was last year when I started. I think my wife is starting to worry about my mental stability but I am again turning mind and body to the elk. I guess my mind never really left them, it was just my spirit that sagged a bit. I will be harder and wiser than last year looking forward to rolling the dice again, laying it all out there now that October has come into focus.

HD

I think I can say that most of us have been there done that. Just don't burn yourself out. If mamma isn't happy, we aren't happy.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back