Michigan Elk Hunt

Great job on making it happen for your son and great job young man on making a great shot. Makes me smile thinking about it because it brings back memories of my son shooting his first deer and turkey.

What gun was he using?

Thanks for sharing. I am curious, do you know what the success rate is on MI elk tags? Congrats to your son, also

Great job on making it happen for your son and great job young man on making a great shot. Makes me smile thinking about it because it brings back memories of my son shooting his first deer and turkey.

What gun was he using?
A Remington 7mm-08 that a relative gave us before he passed away. It was a 150 gr ELDX.

Finally caught up on this week's MOOD episode this afternoon after clearing snow for the second time today. Loved seeing your son's interview!! Great hunt and proud dad moment I'm sure.

Congrats again!

Finally caught up on this week's MOOD episode this afternoon after clearing snow for the second time today. Loved seeing your son's interview!! Great hunt and proud dad moment I'm sure.

Congrats again!
I started getting a bunch of texts and I was sitting in the Detroit airport and quick called my wife to save it for me. I was so embarrassed to see myself on TV 🤣. They edited about 90% of what my son said said during the interview because between him and I, it was a total dumpster fire. We were so excited neither of us could handle ourselves very well.

Love following this congratz to your son this is a lifetime memory.
And he's right kids don't shoot elk

Holy smokes!! Was gonna say holy cow, but I think there's dad joke thread already going.

With as regulated as that hunt seems to be, I can't believe four different people were that trigger happy.
Something like this happens almost yearly. People get pretty amped up (understandably) and make mistakes. Even after the training they receive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back