Coming Full Circle

Great recap and pictures. Thank you for posting, and congrats! Lots of hard work and lessons learned came together in success!

Thanks everyone for the replies I am glad you enjoyed the story was great to type up. I hope its not the last hunt with dad on a mountain. As far as the state we were in we will leave it as 18hrs west of WI :).

The track was a brutal roller coaster of following decent blood to losing it and starting to do semi circles in order to find a drop, my dad actually found a pin drop on a pine needle that moved us 50yds with that find. Turns out that most of the blood was on the dead falls because the elk had about 30" of gut hanging out of him that would drag on the dead falls. We cursed those dead falls the hole hunt but loved them on the track. Never crossed any of our minds that we were walking off the mountain without this bull on our backs.

Good luck to everyone else still with tags! I hope you find the animal of your dreams and can have the same experience I was fortunate enough to enjoy.

Wonderful recap of an epic adventure. You'll always treasure this hunt due to the experiences shared with people you love. Right now I'm laid up due to a training injury so I may not be able to elk hunt this fall...so it helps to live vicariously through others right now.

Thank you for sharing. God bless.

Back