Colorado wolves

WILM. What is "The Mythical Wolf" thing ?

Did they use the------ "more wolves, fewer coyotes , which will allow the reintroduction of Lynx" argument ?

The "Anti's" use the "hunting is barbaric" argument all the time, but I always wonder how many of them have seen a pack of wolfs bring down a full grown Muskox and tear it apart
( also moose, caribou, elk ) Killing livestock will not be hard for them. Also, they will pay a set amount for an animal owned by a rancher but they never take into account of what that calf might bring in beyond its own life. Was the rancher cross breeding or line breeding and how that calf fit into the future breeding plan, etc etc

Best of luck gentlemen
I was asked what I meant above

Marksjeep posted an article from the Denver Post and used the term "mystical wolf" but did not explain what mystical wolf meant to them. I was also curious if those bringing them into a specific area have any idea how far they travel and that they dont know or care if they are in the area they are suppose to be in when "introduced" into an area. We are fighting our govt in a different direction, they want to eliminate wolves because they believe the wolves are responsible for the decline in caribou herds. Sorry to have intruded, it was interesting to me, but I have no dog, (or wolf,) in the fight in your area

I was asked what I meant above

Marksjeep posted an article from the Denver Post and used the term "mystical wolf" but did not explain what mystical wolf meant to them. I was also curious if those bringing them into a specific area have any idea how far they travel and that they dont know or care if they are in the area they are suppose to be in when "introduced" into an area. We are fighting our govt in a different direction, they want to eliminate wolves because they believe the wolves are responsible for the decline in caribou herds. Sorry to have intruded, it was interesting to me, but I have no dog, (or wolf,) in the fight in your area

I dont believe it was a specific myth or even a specific point when they referenced "mythical" I believe they and others use the word mythical as a catch all word to discard, ridicule, and dismiss ANY argument that is against reintroducing them.

Maybe the Post was referring to the Wolf Girl of Devils river or that wolves raised human children per Romulos and Remus, but I doubt it

My sympathizes go out to you fellows in Colorado as I have some experience with this albeit it a different wolf breed and state. The Mexican Grey Wolf population continues to increase their numbers in Arizona and New Mexico. With approx 150 to 175 wolves in the two states, ranchers reported a loss of 200 livestock deaths via the wolf in 2019.

All you fellows from Colorado

In Colorado. It has passed but doesn't it still have to go through some legislative hurdles and "refinement" ? What about the courts --state, appeal, supreme. Have you read the initiative from a state constitutional lawyer's viewpoint ? Oak, I am surprised that folks on the west slope voted for it. Grand Junction --maybe, but anywhere else on the west side surprises me

I thought the above Q&A and Fiscal Impact Statement was a good read so I figured I'd share it here again.

I'm disappointed that this passed, but not surprised. One of the biggest concerns I have with this, is that I am certain the majority of people that voted in favor of this ballot measure never had the thought occur to them that once these wolves are reintroduced and established, they will get shot at. CO is in for a huge fight to ever get a season established. I can already see the ballot measure in 2023: Should wolves remain a protected species in CO. I can guarantee those who voted in favor (majority), would ultimately end up voting against any sort of season. That is, of course, except for the few that got to watch their labradoodles get eaten.

I'm disappointed that this passed, but not surprised
Not even Newberg's description of Colorado's Titanic heading for the iceberg could stop the the urbanites envisioned rainbow farting wolves from forced reintroduction.
Another article on the dillio...

As a Colorado resident it will be interesting to see how long it takes to eliminate the OTC unlimited tags to everyone once the wolves start taking their part. This is a bad idea and is going to cost the state a lot of $$$ looking at the whole picture. I hate lawyers but i really hope this one goes thru that vicious circle for years.

As a Colorado resident it will be interesting to see how long it takes to eliminate the OTC unlimited tags to everyone once the wolves start taking their part. This is a bad idea and is going to cost the state a lot of $$$ looking at the whole picture. I hate lawyers but i really hope this one goes thru that vicious circle for years.
CO will need to start gouging nonresidents like Montana does. You may need to increase outfitters to make sure their success rate stays high enough to keep the funds flowing.

I dont believe it was a specific myth or even a specific point when they referenced "mythical" I believe they and others use the word mythical as a catch all word to discard, ridicule, and dismiss ANY argument that is against reintroducing them.

Maybe the Post was referring to the Wolf Girl of Devils river or that wolves raised human children per Romulos and Remus, but I doubt it

My sympathizes go out to you fellows in Colorado as I have some experience with this albeit it a different wolf breed and state. The Mexican Grey Wolf population continues to increase their numbers in Arizona and New Mexico. With approx 150 to 175 wolves in the two states, ranchers reported a loss of 200 livestock deaths via the wolf in 2019.

All you fellows from Colorado

In Colorado. It has passed but doesn't it still have to go through some legislative hurdles and "refinement" ? What about the courts --state, appeal, supreme. Have you read the initiative from a state constitutional lawyer's viewpoint ? Oak, I am surprised that folks on the west slope voted for it. Grand Junction --maybe, but anywhere else on the west side surprises me
Funny you mention that as the last 2 days have been the Commission meeting and this was discussed and will also be a top of conversation in the January meeting. Doesn't appear to be as easy as vote yes and drop some wolves off in the flat tops.

Force wolf re-introduction hippie signatuers: "They're 'yotes... psssh! We want forced wolves! We want forced Wolves. We care not for the iceberg ahead of us! We care not for the actual ESA protected Mexican smaller wolves! We want cuddly super Montana / Canadian wolves!"

... Hmmm...

Wait... what? Eh, so long as the wolves are transplanted from MT District 102 - I love my Colorado, pot smokin' hippy fuggs who love cute woofs! Have as many as you'd like! If from elsewhere - Go take a flyin' leap and Go - Up in Smoke!

Humor over - resuming my support of my Colorado brethren's opposition to wolves. <unless transplanted from MT 102, of course>

So... we very likely have now or will shortly have 2 discrete packs of wolves in the state.

I'm curious if by 2023 we have something like 20 wolves on the ground how that effects CPWs responsibilities under the ballot measure.

From the meetings it doesn't seem like even CPW really knows the answer to this question, but how many wolves do we need for prop 114 to no long apply.

Back