Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado wolves

@Oak

what's the status on hb1243? I see third senate reading passed no amendments online. that should be it then right? passed and now law? closing in on the end of the session so i figure.

edit: and yeah to wllms point, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out wih the ballot measure. my hope is that if nothing else it really eases up on the difficulty of the process.

It can't be! A certain Montana senator/wildlife biologist (Mike Phillips) told me this couldn't happen because there was a line of Wyomites ready to gun down any wolf that got past the trophy zone!

Curious if this will impact Prop 114, especially if the population grows in the next year or so... I suspect it won't have any impact.

Pretty cool to see how life finds a way.

It can't be! A certain Montana senator/wildlife biologist (Mike Phillips) told me this couldn't happen because there was a line of Wyomites ready to gun down any wolf that got past the trophy zone!

Curious if this will impact Prop 114, especially if the population grows in the next year or so... I suspect it won't have any impact.

Pretty cool to see how life finds a way.

you'd think it's further impossible after the amount of moffat county ranchers that said they'd "take matters into their own hands"

He reported his supervisor, the supervisor was placed on leave for a few months, and our client was assured by the state that either the supervisor would be removed, or he would be reassigned to another position so he would not have to work under the same person he reported afterwards,” he said. “Neither of those things happened. The state substantiated the allegations and then did nothing.

Good example of why it’s so difficult to hold people accountable in government positions.

State investigators found “some” of the alleged offenses occurred, but officials this week wouldn’t specify.
Would be curious if "some" were petty to the point the actions fit their table of offenses direction.
They were "reassured"... typical bs. They would require it in writing...

Was visiting with friends in Craig over the weekend. We all agreed the wolf introduction in the NW will be interesting. Landowners make piles of cash with elk & deer hunting through outfitters, vouchers, trespass fee's and aren't likely to give that cash up easily. A former DOW director told me how hard it was to get wildlife crimes prosecuted as well in Moffat county where introduction is to take place.

It will be interesting

The shift of Romatzke to "special assignment" sounds kind of like Joe Pickett being reassigned as special assistant to governor Rulon of Wyoming in the C J Box stories.

Polis did appoint some real strange commission members, and I thought Dan Gibbs was supposed to be the little dose of reality to help Polis on things outdoorsy. Sounds like a mess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back