Colorado vs. New Mexico Mule Deer tag What if

2rocky

Before I apply for an archery mule deer tag in Colorado with a measly 3 points, I wondered to myself what if I drew the New Mexico tag in the End of April? Can I withdraw my Colorado application and change it to points only?

I believe you can log into your account and change your hunt code up until the deadline. You can try it now without actually changing it. If it comes to that, just change to the PP code.

That's what I'm worried about...Late April NM Results and according to GoHunt:

Brian B.- posted 2 months ago on 01-20-2020 06:12:40 pm

Hey Brady, thanks for the response, even though that is not what I wanted to hear. Wyoming changing the draw result date is really screwing things up this year. Problem is we won't hear about Wyoming until after the Colorado deadline to apply. Very frustrating.
Brady J. Miller

Brady M.- posted 2 months ago on 01-20-2020 04:56:44 pm

Las Vegas, NV
goHUNT Team
Hey Brian. Unfortunately, you can only modify your Colorado application up to the application deadline. So after the deadline, you cannot remove your application.
Brian B.- posted 2 months ago on 01-18-2020 04:22:09 pm

Brady - do you know if you can remove or change your Colorado elk application after the April 7th deadline but before the draw? Say I found out I drew a Montana or New Mexico tag so I didn't even want my application put in for the Colorado draw any longer.

I believe you can turn your tag back in and you are refunded all except the qualifying license and the application fees if you opt for refund. If you choose to have your points get reinstated you are not allowed to gain a point for the current year. Your points will go back to original amount. You cannot receive both.
Edited to correct post and add link

Last edited:
I don’t think NM results are reliably out before the CO deadline.

The 15th would be my guess as well. I can't recall a recent year results were not released on a Wednesday at 10 a.m.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back