Colorado Tag Question

CiK

Have states made any declaration about COVID and tag returns? I lost my job as a result to the virus and Colorado hit my bank account this morning for my successful 4th season mule deer draw.

My wife isn’t particularly happy about seeing the money go since we are budgeting pretty tight these days. I told her I would look into the idea of refunds.....with the slight desire that they wouldn’t while I hold out hope on returning to work very soon.

I figure I could call CPW but thought I would ask here first.

Thanks!

you should have no problems returning sans your application fee, regardless of covid. just as long as it's what 30? days before the season. it's something like that.

maybe just pm me before you do so i can watch the leftover list...

edit: https://cpw.state.co.us/refunds#refund

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear about your circumstances.

I have not seen anything that suggest their will be a new refund policy, that being said Colorado has a pretty flexible policy.
cpw.state.co.us/refunds

You will have to choose between a refund and your points, they won't restore both. Also you won't be able to get a refund for your annual license or stamps, i.e. the mandatory small game license you had to purchase.

Hope things come together for you and you can still get out this fall for something.

yeah my reply maybe came off a little callous. sorry.

very sorry to hear about the circumstances. certainly just a joke - i don't wanna swipe up your tag at your unfortunate expense. though i would love a point-less 4th season tag 😁

Almost every state has a refund policy this year. I don't specifically know about Colorado as I don't have a tag there this year so I haven't bothered looking. Head to their site and you'll find it easy enough I'm sure.

Y’all good. No offense taken. I appreciate the replies and the kind words. Had a glimmer of hope pop up today....I might be able to keep that tag after all. Might. I will know more next week.

Thanks!

Y’all good. No offense taken. I appreciate the replies and the kind words. Had a glimmer of hope pop up today....I might be able to keep that tag after all. Might. I will know more next week.

Thanks!
I don’t remember the dates off the top of my head but you should have a while to make your decision.

Update

Landed a new job. Developmental Engineer position at LEM Products here in Cincinnati. I had another offer from a company in Indianapolis too, but couldn’t pass up taking a position at a company that I spend time with on the weekends here in my hometown.

it’s looking like the 4th season is on still. I would have hated wasting those 4 points.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back