Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Leftover List

Hey, I'm NOT blaming nonresidents. Unless they just pick a unit that has the best odds, then ask Cushman for the best areas in that unit. Actually, that doesn't really bother me either. I would simply like a better opportunity to hunt in my own state. Respectfully.

Didn't think you were. I would be pretty pist if I lived there and couldn't draw too.

I'm just mad because I can't afford to hire Sneakem to scurry and fetch.:D

...that would be like 2000x....:eek:

BOO HOO... Seriously, no one said we don't appreciate NR's supporting our wildlife. I'm saying, I wish CPW allowed residents an opportunity of getting a 2nd choice tag before ditching everything to NR. I own no land, I have no money (for landowner tags- another story), and I hunt deer every 4 years. I would simply like an opportunity to hunt my state easier. Tell me you wouldn't be doing the same thing?

Translation....

Boo Hoo. I love non-residents. The current system is like a welfare program. I have one of those already. Its called my wife. She doesn't have a "real job". It's "her" house, she takes my money, and she only lets me hunt once every 4 years because she wears the pants. I'd just like to escape just once a year... you feel me man....:eek:

LMAO!!:W:

Seriously though... that was pretty funny, just don't let her read it...;)

I'm not the one crying like a little B!#@H about my poor lot in life, If you don't like the way your state funds wildlife management" CHANGE IT''!!!

Really??? :D You remind me of a girl I once dated...

It's a simple "wish" bud- only blame CPW- and that's it.

"Hamburger...mustard, no cheese, cut the phlegm, thank you."

This is where I would usually respond with something classy like... "BTW- how's your wife and my Kids doing?".... but that'd be disrespectful... SOOooooo

How's your great-granddaughter and my kids doing?...:cool:

This is where I would usually respond with something classy like... "BTW- how's your wife and my Kids doing?".... but that'd be disrespectful... SOOooooo

How's your great-granddaughter and my kids doing?...:cool:

She says your check's late and so is she....again.:cool:

Wish I had more time this fall. I'd pick up a left over deer tag and shoot another nice deer. You guys in CO don't know how good you have it. The worst units in your state for muleys can produce bigger deer than just about any unit in most states. I know of a handful of monster bucks that have come out left over units, some of which may or may not be on that list... :D

You guys in CO don't know how good you have it.

Not all of us. :)

Seriously, fixing the voucher problem would have a bigger impact on drawing a tag than changing the 2nd choice rule.

1. Keep vouchers at 15%.
2. Require that preference points be lost for using a voucher.

Not all of us. :)

Seriously, fixing the voucher problem would have a bigger impact on drawing a tag than changing the 2nd choice rule.

1. Keep vouchers at 15%.
2. Require that preference points be lost for using a voucher.

3. Limit those vouchers to the private land they were issued for...

That would help those that chase the high point tags.....

Fixed 35% NR cap on the rest of the crappy units for those who like to hunt more than once in a life time

Last edited:
3. Limit those vouchers to the private land they were issued for...

That would help those that chase the high point tags.....

I was going to add #3, but I'm not sure that would actually help with point creep? I'd love to see them good on PL only, but I think that having to use your points for them would have a greater effect on draw odds. Limiting them to the PL for which they were issued might actually deter some people from burning points on them. I dunno....

Boo Hoo. I love non-residents. The current system is like a welfare program. I have one of those already. Its called my wife. She doesn't have a "real job". It's "her" house, she takes my money, and she only lets me hunt once every 4 years because she wears the pants. I'd just like to escape just once a year... you feel me man...

It's like... You know me!???

Spook, no problem. We're all adults here. Sometimes I feel like kicking sneakem in the face, but I remember it's the issue that pisses most of us off...

Last edited:
Oak do you think limiting them to PL would drive down the demand, therefore returning the tags to the draws.

I think it would drive down demand, lowering the price that landowners could get for them in many areas. I don't think it would necessarily result in more tags available in the leftover draw or sale.

OK. just seems like they would have trouble selling them if every one of those tag holders also had to pay trespass fees as well. Oh well we can hope!

Colorado's leftover list used to be long and distinguished 'kinda like my Johnson' ----- slim pickins most certainly, I have some information on leftover KS.
spook12 - one must pay a fee - its mostly private access where there are leftover tags, catch22.

Last edited:
I was going to add #3, but I'm not sure that would actually help with point creep? I'd love to see them good on PL only, but I think that having to use your points for them would have a greater effect on draw odds. Limiting them to the PL for which they were issued might actually deter some people from burning points on them. I dunno....

I think that those that would spend the big $$ will continue to spend the big $$$... points or no points and they'll hunt a public resource on public lands every year, while the majority wait an entire lifetime for an opportunity....

4. Make it a felony to broker tags 3rd party.

3rd Party brokers are the biggest flaw in the system. Applications for landowner tags have increased 300% in the last decade. 3rd party brokers have been approaching landowners for the last decade offering to enroll their land in this program, in exchange for a percentage of a large paycheck. Most landowners wouldn't bother to spend the time to apply on their own...a larger majority never wanted people on their property in the first place as most brokers would use the excuse that its valid unit wide and hunters will hunt elsewhere...

I don't see what everyone's bitching about...everyone knows there's no deer in Colorado anyway...they're all in Montana and New Mexico and Wyoming

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back