Colorado Leftover List

Outdooraddict, sure it can happen all you have to do is convince the fine people of Colorado to pay for the management of their wildlife. I laugh every time i drive through Vail and see the millionaires fishing the eagle river and i know they choose not to pay for the the management of their fisheries, instead they rely on NR big game hunters to do the bulk of the financing of'' their ''resources.

I was off a year. It will start next fall so that it can be approved in the fall of 2014.

I'm not bringing up this to sound like a D-bag, I understand the importance of Non resident hunting to the economy... but try turning the table for a minute.

Sneakem i pay a 1/8 cent sales tax on every purchase in my state, payed directly to the ARGF.

I'm not a math genius but if you spend lets say $20,000 in your home state that equals approximately...$25 that goes to the ARGF. Add that to the $25 hunting license and you have a whopping $50 that you've given to your game and fish. I as a resident of colorado pay more than that for a single elk tag....

.Also you might want to consider what you receive for the price paid. In Ark its 6 deer tags, 2 spring turkey tags,1 fall bear, 1 fall turkey, small game including upland birds,and for the price of a duck stamp some of the finest water fowl hunting in the world.

What it would cost me conceptually if it were legal in CO for a resident-
Deer tag- 31 x 6 =186
turkey tag-21 x 3 =63
bear tag = 41
small game = 21
state and fed waterfowl stamps = 20
Habitat Stamp = 10

Grand total = CO $341 > AR $25 .... which ironically enough is > 10X. If they're poking us as residents why shouldn't they poke you as a NR....as a resident to resident comparison you're getting a much better deal.

Its not that CO residents are A-holes that hate NR's... you just get to hunt about 18 times as many deer as we do in our lives...lol :D

Outdooraddict, sure it can happen all you have to do is convince the fine people of Colorado to pay for the management of their wildlife. I laugh every time i drive through Vail and see the millionaires fishing the eagle river and i know they choose not to pay for the the management of their fisheries, instead they rely on NR big game hunters to do the bulk of the financing of'' their ''resources.

spook, sign me up! I'd fork out some extra cash to get my hands on a 2nd choice tag. And, thank you for my fishing and the millionaires' fishing opportunities. If you would be so generous as to buy my license next time. Cause only non-resident license fees support "our resources".

Oak, I wouldn't know where to start. But, I know it would be very popular with the resident hunters and hunting opportunities (maybe even you would benefit from this?). However, if it costs people's jobs or somehow hurts the state's ability to function efficiently, I would back off.

I'm not a math genius but if you spend lets say $20,000 in your home state that equals approximately...$25 that goes to the ARGF. Add that to the $25 hunting license and you have a whopping $50 that you've given to your game and fish. I as a resident of colorado pay more than that for a single elk tag....

Boy, it's a lot more fun arguing with you when you're on my side...

sneakem i understand where you are coming from. First as a small business owner i spent close to the number you threw out just keeping a fleet of vehicles on the road last year. My point, while poorly made is,the wildlife belong to all the people of my home state and we all pay a share of their management. The wildlife of your home state belongs to all of it citizens yet they chose to let a fraction of their citizens and NR fund their management.

If you want a better chance of drawing the tags you desire,convince all Coloradans to chip in and boot some NRs to the curb. You guys made the rules for your state,you cant need NRs to fund the work you want done than bitch because we would like to have a tag in return.Instead of being aggravated at us out of state hunters ''who are helping you with funding'' raise hell with your neighbors they are the ones screwing you over.

Outdooraddict never said ''only'' NRs pay for the management of your resources.You do know that hunting tag sales cover the funding shortfall for fisheries in your state?

Absolutely NHY. But it sure would be nice to be seen as an ally, and not some bum keeping residents from drawing the tags they would like.

Sneakem, check your sarcasm meter. I'd come to Co were it 20x.

Harley... my foot in your a$$ meter says its already costing you nearly 30x old timer...:eek:..;) Go make me a sammich...

All kidding aside I'd stay even if it were 20x too, but I sure to like to stir the pot every now and then.. POPCORN... get yer POPCORN...

Absolutely NHY. But it sure would be nice to be seen as an ally, and not some bum keeping residents from drawing the tags they would like.

Its not that we see NR's as the problem. I make most of my living from NR's.... Just a f'ed up system that turns a deaf ear to those who live here.... that and 80% of the population living in Metro cities and 90% of those don't give a crap about hunting....

I have grown accustomed to the Colorado eyeroll but it's better than the New Mexico stink eye.:cool:

Sneaks, 30x ain't even close.:eek: & I still have your sammich swingin' jr.:)

sneakem i understand . It must be frustrating as hell ! Im not speaking of you personally ,but more of a general statement . Of all the groups that resident hunters should have heartburn with it seems like most of that anger would be better directed towards those groups and individuals doing nothing( or actually undermining them) and see the NR hunter for what we are willing partners.

Deadbeat NR= Funder of CPW

Maybe I just read it that way... and I was being pretty sarcastic.

It would seem understandable to use hunting dollars to fund a fishing shortfall, since they are managed by the same entity- and the fact that fishing generates $1.2 billion to Colorado's economy. I still don't see much of a shortfall in our fishery.

But it sure would be nice to be seen as an ally, and not some bum keeping residents from drawing the tags they would like.

BOO HOO... Seriously, no one said we don't appreciate NR's supporting our wildlife. I'm saying, I wish CPW allowed residents an opportunity of getting a 2nd choice tag before ditching everything to NR. I own no land, I have no money (for landowner tags- another story), and I hunt deer every 4 years. I would simply like an opportunity to hunt my state easier. Tell me you wouldn't be doing the same thing?

NHY not these guys here, but you know its not hard to find someone willing to look at you like you're a baby killer just for having out of state tags, come hunting season.

Hey, I'm NOT blaming nonresidents. Unless they just pick a unit that has the best odds, then ask Cushman for the best areas in that unit. Actually, that doesn't really bother me either. I would simply like a better opportunity to hunt in my own state. Respectfully.

I'm not the one crying like a little B!#@H about my poor lot in life, If you don't like the way your state funds wildlife management" CHANGE IT''!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back