Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado GMU 5

I drew an archery elk tag for these units this year. It will be my first time hunting the area so I can't help you now but PM me at the end of September and I'll let you know what I saw.
would you hunt this unit again?

Gotcha - i have started looking elsewhere for the time of the year i would be hunting this unit now..

I've never hunted private land but I always thought private land deer tags were doe only?
There are a lot of private property either sex tags and some that run from archery to the end of January. The private property tags get interesting.

There are a lot of private property either sex tags and some that run from archery to the end of January. The private property tags get interesting.
That would be nice. If someone couldn't get a deer with a tag like that they should sell their gun and go fishing. :)

I would like one of those. I hunt unit 4 and deer there aren't too hard to find.

If I could draw it with 2 points again I probably would. Don't know if it's worth more than that but options are a bit limited for CO archery in that point range.
HunterDan, would you be willing to have a conversation about your hunt? Drew the unit for this fall and am gathering info about some of the access, terrain, etc. PM me if willing to do so. Thank you!

HunterDan, would you be willing to have a conversation about your hunt? Drew the unit for this fall and am gathering info about some of the access, terrain, etc. PM me if willing to do so. Thank you!

Hey Mike, I tried to PM you but the site won't let me, maybe because you are new?

I have not hunted elk in that area but I have hunted deer in that area. Success for you trophy hunter types goes way up in the remote areas away from the roads. There is a lot of elk in that area. I hunted deer in that area and saw several descent bulls in the north central part of that unit. I had a antlered deer license that year so I stayed away from the roads. Been a long time since then, but I don't think tactics for elk has changed much since then. They should be found in the remote areas.
Hey Doug ,
I have hunted unit 5 a couple times during second season, and plan to come back this fall. Could you message me I would like to pick your brain a little about this unit . Thanks.

I drew an archery elk tag for these units this year. It will be my first time hunting the area so I can't help you now but PM me at the end of September and I'll let you know what I saw.
Hunter Dan , would you message me . Interested to see how things are up there this year and what you seen. I will be going up for second season again. Thank you

Hey Doug ,
I have hunted unit 5 a couple times during second season, and plan to come back this fall. Could you message me I would like to pick your brain a little about this unit . Thanks.
You will have to message me. I think due to you being a new member with just a few posts so far I am not able to start a conversation with you.

Hunter Dan , would you message me . Interested to see how things are up there this year and what you seen. I will be going up for second season again. Thank you
You are going to have to make ten posts before you can pm anyone or they can pm you.

You will have to message me. I think due to you being a new member with just a few posts so far I am not able to start a conversation with you.
Ok. I will post a few things and see if I can message you soon. Thanks so much

It takes 10 posts. I would not do junk posts though as that may irritate some. However, there are a lot of genunine conversations you can get involved in and that will help out.
Most definitely some things I can put a few words in on.

southdakotaelk shoot me a pm. I’m going to go out on 2nd season elk otc this year and have a couple questions. Thank you sir
Just a PSA
You're not going to get any help from him. He hasn't been on this site in over 15 months! Every year when drawing results come out there are armies of guys like yourself that join this farm, rekindle old threads looking for handouts of information to the unit they have just drawn without ever contributing anything to the forum. Then when the season is over, we'll never see or hear from you again. Lot of nice genuine folks on this forum who are more than willing to help if to stick around and engage, but you won't get much help going about it the way you are.

You may think I'm being a d*ck right now, but I basically did this same thing when i joined 5 years ago. So just trying to help you out.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back