Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado Elk

noharleyyet

Busy day today finishing details at work & packing for early Thursday departure. First rifle opener SW Colorado Saturday thru Wednesday. Sure doesn't seem like it's been a year already. Tent camping...can't believe all the stuff we're taking.

Good luck! Did you check the moon phase? ;)

Looks like you might have a little snow. Could make for a great hunt.

Good luck. I saw about 200 elk down in antelope country yesterday because of the lousy weather. One good 6x6 (for CO).

should be good!

Mountains are covered with snow here in SW colorado, should have at least 2-3 inches over 10,000 feet, below that will probably be melted by Saturday. Today is the first day the sun has shined since last Thursday.
Elk should not be migrating, takes quite a bit of snow to push them down.
Good luck and post us pics!

Here's a couple of pics from fellow geezer noharleyyet: I'll let Ken add the narrative to the visual.....

Kenelk1.jpg

Kenelk2.jpg

Thanks for the tech support Marv.

That's my buddy Craig's first elk. We've chased em for 4 consecutive years together. I saw over 40 elk & one decent bull but no shot opportunities availed. It was a diy trespass hunt in SW Colorado and an absolutely terrific experience. It will be hard to top but aready planning on next year.
The snow came in heavy Tuesday morning while I was still chasing em...got back & broke camp (tired & soaked) while we could still get out.

Congrats to your buddy Craig there Ken...looks a tad chilly in that second pic...maybe a flip-flop/mukluk combination is warranted?

Congrats to your bud. He got a very nice elk and has a tremendous first name. Sounds like you saw lots of critters and were in some nice country. Thanks for the pics.

SW Colorado

What area, ball park where were you guys at? Just curious as that is where i live.
Nice bull!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back