Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado elk costs rise

I don’t really mind the increase considering the experience I have when going there. Yes, at a certain point I could be priced out.

However, I don’t see myself putting in for cow tags at this point and assume many others will feel the same. I don’t know why I fell that a cows life is worth less than a bulls but I do and so do many others. I suspect there will lots of leftover cow tags….but maybe I’m wrong.

It's now cheaper to buy an otc bull tag than to draw a cow tag. No special license to buy an otc bull tag but to apply for the draw is another $100 roughly to buy the qualifying hunting license. $860 cow tag no thanks.

Pisses me off some smoke head lift operator living in a bottle with 6 of his buddies down in Leadville can get a tag for $60 while I’m out here all day growing corn and killing weeds for society and I gotta drop $700.
Then move out here?
Easy solution: move to Calirado and grow weed! Solves several problems, but not that pesky having to pay state tax :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Pisses me off some smoke head lift operator living in a bottle with 6 of his buddies down in Leadville can get a tag for $60 while I’m out here all day growing corn and killing weeds for society and I gotta drop $700.
I lived in “the Ville” for 12 years and I’m pretty sure it’s the only town in the USA that the term “up in Leadville” is always appropriate.

IE it’s the highest town in North America, but I do get your point.

If I’m using xzibit lyrics like “put your nuts in the table and play the game”, I’m usually joking.
But seriously, the way which side of the line you can live on effects the cost of hunting licenses is really weird.
And it’s such an astronomical difference.
It’s weird that I can get an either sex archery tag for like $50 in Il and it cost a non res like $400 I think.
I’m glad I live in a state that has pretty good whitetail hunting.
I might really be upset about it if I lived in a state that didn’t have that type of opportunity tho.
Not trying to attack but as a serious curiosity. Based on your posts would you be willing to split the costs and pay $200 for your resident IL tag so NRs also only have to pay $200?

Anyone else reading the nonresidents' lack of interest in full price cow tags and thinking of changing their app strategy? Probably wishful thinking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back