Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado elk costs rise

It is disheartening to hear that the costs of Colorado elk hunting are on the rise. For many hunters, elk hunting is not only a cherished tradition but also an opportunity to connect with nature and provide food for their families. However, with the increasing costs of licenses, tags, and other expenses, this beloved pastime may become less accessible for many.

It's important to recognize that the rise in costs is likely due to a variety of factors, including increased demand for licenses, wildlife conservation efforts, and other economic factors. While these factors are understandable, it's important that they don't price out hunters who may not be able to afford the higher costs.

It is disheartening to hear that the costs of Colorado elk hunting are on the rise. For many hunters, elk hunting is not only a cherished tradition but also an opportunity to connect with nature and provide food for their families. However, with the increasing costs of licenses, tags, and other expenses, this beloved pastime may become less accessible for many.

It's important to recognize that the rise in costs is likely due to a variety of factors, including increased demand for licenses, wildlife conservation efforts, and other economic factors. While these factors are understandable, it's important that they don't price out hunters who may not be able to afford the higher costs.
I find the price hike in milk, eggs, bread, and other essential goods far more disheartening. Residents certainly aren't priced out and as a NR we are not entitled to elk hunt every year or even every 10 years. Look around for other cow tags and you'll quickly find they're a similar price or much harder to draw then CO. My main complaint is that the extra money will go to the CPW who I have no faith in and most will probably go to crap like introducing wolves and not putting more elk on the mountain.

I find the price hike in milk, eggs, bread, and other essential goods far more disheartening. Residents certainly aren't priced out and as a NR we are not entitled to elk hunt every year or even every 10 years. Look around for other cow tags and you'll quickly find they're a similar price or much harder to draw then CO. My main complaint is that the extra money will go to the CPW who I have no faith in and most will probably go to crap like introducing wolves and not putting more elk on the mountain.
I wish I could could trade you an elk tag in for a deer tag in Oklahoma! With our short crowded seasons, Colorado has taken the fun out of hunting here. Best hunt I had last year was chasing Whitetails in Kansas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back