Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado Draw Extended

SO7mm

Just received an email that the Colorado draw is being extended. Sounds like the system crashed from too many people putting in :).

Primary draw application deadline extended until Friday, April 9 at 8 p.m.

Hunters hoping to draw a big-game license in Colorado in 2021 will now have until Fri., April 9 at 8 p.m. MT to apply in the primary draw due to volume-related technological issues that kept some hunters from being able to apply before the original deadline of April 6 at 8 p.m.

Reactions: jdf
I forgot to fill in a fourth choice, guess I can back and modify now. I bet application numbers are off the charts this year.
CPW posted the following on Twitter 7+ hours ago:

“To date for 2021, we have received over 685,000 big game hunting applications. Please remember this is a number of applications, not the number of individuals or numbers of licenses that will be issued. In 2020, we received 649,351 applications.”
90CEA588-495B-4915-B3EF-8124DC1DD8CC.jpeg

“To date for 2021, we have received over 685,000 big game hunting applications. Please remember this is a number of applications, not the number of individuals or numbers of licenses that will be issued. In 2020, we received 649,351 applications.”
View attachment 179925
Thanks for sharing that @Oak. Doesn't quite square with my "off the charts" bet. Really interesting too because it looks like most of the increase centers on elk. Would have thought deer.

Thanks for sharing that @Oak. Doesn't quite square with my "off the charts" bet. Really interesting too because it looks like most of the increase centers on elk. Would have thought deer.
My assumption is the application numbers include applications for preference points. If this is true the increases still seem healthy. It will obviously be interesting to see the numbers of traditional PP applicants that become tag applicants.

View attachment 179925
Interesting. What happened in 1998 and 1999 for deer and elk applications to shoot up?

Son called me yesterday saying he had missed the deadline. We were going to burn his elk points this year. As usual, he lucked out. I sent a screenshot of the email and told him to get busy.

My assumption is the application numbers include applications for preference points. If this is true the increases still seem healthy. It will obviously be interesting to see the numbers of traditional PP applicants that become tag applicants.
Yep, that's the real question, how many bought points vs how many attempted to burn points

So we decide to cater to the people that waited until the last minute and couldn’t get in? That’s their own problem. It’s a deadline...if hunting is the priority then people should be able to meet it.
What’s the difference if the server goes down March 28th or April 6th?

You should be able to submit until the deadline as posted, if the system breaks it’s the agency’s responsibility.

smh.
here we go again with another participation trophy.
If applicants weren’t obsessively contemplating their app strategy for at least a year and didn’t have if turned in by the 5th give them nothing!!!
😉

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back