Colorado Draw Changes

Those returned tag numbers are insane! The M,S,G specifically
Right. This is very telling, and people wonder why point creep is happening. This is a major contributor to it.

3463 tags got turned back in during the 2023 hunting season. Thats a major problem.

Last edited:
Inquiring minds would like to know, any guesses?

I foresee people squandering any inheritance that they receive from this "wealthy" generation. lol

Also, I am SHOCKED to see the average age of applications is about ~35 years old. I found that to be very interesting.

I know an awful lot of them that seem to be impatiently waiting for "their" piece of the pie. From when gramps kicks the bucket. Sad.
I hope gramps donates his money to the Shriners like I plan to. lol

The power of influencers.
That's exactly what I was thinking the largest group is of the perfect age to have had the western draw system spoon fed to them on social media. Instead of paper apps and word of mouth. Although not sure why I'm surprised I'm 34 and randy spoon fed me starting about 10 years ago 🤣.

Seems about right when you average it.
If I'm reading that graph right big IF. I believe it shows a individual breakdown of applicants by age not averaged. I also find it hilarious how there's such a big drop off after 18 I assume when daddy stops paying for tags.

Interesting in the context of point creep and crowding

1707408460429.png
1707408583895.png

If I'm reading that graph right big IF. I believe it shows a individual breakdown of applicants by age not averaged. I also find it hilarious how there's such a big drop off after 18 I assume when daddy stops paying for tags.
I suspect it is because of losing youth preference. Whole families rely on youth preference tags to fill freezers.

Hoping someone might be able to shed some light.

I'm about 2 hr into the latest CPW video on PP.

Kinda tuff to watch. Who is and how due some of these people get on this board? Seems like there is a general lack of knowledge on some of the issues.

If I'm reading that graph right big IF. I believe it shows an individual breakdown of applicants by age not averaged. I also find it hilarious how there's such a big drop off after 18 I assume when daddy stops paying for tags.
I want to know who over 100 is still applying, one chart goes to 137? What the hell Colorado?

I want to know who over 100 is still applying, one chart goes to 137? What the hell Colorado?
I think the oldest was 87/88 that's just formatting to make it fit the slide, lay of the slide guy dude it's a thankless job ;)

That must be how they passed the wolf ballot….all those ghost voters. Lmao.

Although, I heard them say on there that they had 102-year-old Hunter, or something of that nature.

I’m midway through the second meeting. There is push back about increasing tags that require you to use points, but an easier change may be that you can’t get a point and any type A or LO tag in the same year. You keep the accrued points but can’t hunt and contribute to the growing mountain of points.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back