Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado deer this year, who is burning points?

Jacack

Just curious with the changes coming how many people are cashing in points this year?

I think I may get out. Was hoping ti hold on longer to be able to take my son with me when he got a little older but not sure now. Sitting in no man's land with 10 points as its not enough for where I have been trying to go and hate to use now on something that takes 6-8 but looks like that may be the best plan now.

I’m burning mine. Sitting on 5, have some hunts in mind. Still haven’t applied yet!

What in the proposed changes specifically makes you concerned and makes you think it’s a good time to burn Colorado points?
I don’t know if it’s concern for me, but more looking at the proposed season structure for 2025-2029 seasons. I think it’s going to go back to the old structure of the past(2015-2019) for example.

If all holds true, this years season dates will be the latest in November for the foreseeable future. Therefore, I’d like to burn my points given the certain season dates this year.

-Yooper

I have been trying for the last 5 -6 years and keep ending up a point or two short for the season/unit I am chasing. Don't expect that to change this year either.

I’m going full bore second choice buck tag in a unit that probably sucks for deer. But I’m going to see if I can’t just torture @MtnElk on a deer hunt! He’s all about elk though so we will see. If you all would stop giving him so much meat I could probably get him to hunt something besides elk!

I've been chasing the same 3rd season tag for years and don't seem to be getting closer. I've decided to quit chasing it but am unsure if I wanna just get a 2nd season tag for the unit I've been chasing or get a 3rd season tag in a different unit. Couple units I could draw but they have 3x the amount of tags and I hate a crowd. On the flip side I'm not a fan of 2nd season timing little early for ideal mule deer hunting plus conflicts with muzzleloader here at home and in NM.

Back