Colorado Announces Plans to Release “30 to 50” Gray Wolves Along the State’s Western Slope

Sounds like we need more social media hunter influencers. But then again some people are against that. Seems complicated: spread the message but do it… how?

People on both sides accuse people on the other of having all the same beliefs. That’s too simplistic, but makes life more manageable.

I’m not a smoke a pack a day guy, but your reality in Wyoming isn’t the same reality as on the left coast, like Oregon. If you lived in Oregon you’d have a different take on things.
Well, keep doing it your way then, seems to really be working well.

These wolf threads get old but I can’t look away ha ha. I like having all the predators and I’m an avid lion and bear hunter. I’m an aspiring wolf hunter and trapper that has had success but it’s been very limited 😂.
It’s obvious what the plan is with the pro predator push. First no hounds for lions or bears. Then in California no lion hunting at all. Also bear baiting is being eliminated or at least the effort to eliminate baiting comes up consistently. Ca, wa, or this has been steadily happening. Those states ungulate populations are not doing great. Next introduce an apex predator and do everything to stop any hunting of the wolves. You will not have excess deer and elk to hunt with a massive over abundance of predators. It’s a fact and it’s being played out right in front of everyone in coastal states, but some don’t want to acknowledge it. I don’t get it. You don’t have to cancel elk or deer season if there are no tags or you put in for 29 years to get one of the limited tags available.
I agree the hunting community needs a better message and “ smoke a pack a day” is not the right message. The message needs to be REAL balance in nature. Balanced predator and prey. The best way to manage for that is hunting. You have to allow the methods that work, like hounds for lions. I think Colorado elk and deer could get screwed on this one if ballot box biology runs the show. I hope not

Interesting.
Wonder how this works with the so called Mexican Grey Wolf being reintroduced into AZ & NM.
I was told they would be kept south of US40 . One reason was the Grey wolf of northern US would wipe out any little Mexican wolves. They never intermixed before either.
The Mex wolves have been shot north of 40 for years now by the Wolf patrol of G&F or something.
The Northern Grey has been moving south for years. Now they want to plant them right next to where they have been trying to recover the so called Mexican wolf.

I still don't understand how a part domestic dog was listed as a pure wolf to reintroduce in the 1st place.

So what battle will the total huggers choose? Northern or Mexican to put full effort into and for what purpose?
YT videos of Northern wolves tearing apart Mexican wolves?

Lets bring back grizzlies to the SW too. The videos will be gold.
You nailed it. Randy and Jim Heffelfinger lay out a great discussion in this podcast.

In the podcast offered above, with Randy Newberg hosting Jim Heffelfinger, Science Coordinator for Arizona Game & Fish made some solid observations regarding the forced large grey wolf re-introduction in Colorado would be a threat to the Mexican wolf ESA project in AZ. Main portion begins @ 51:00 re: Colorado ballot for grey wolves and the disastrous effect that may pose for the actual Northern AZ ESA Mexican wolves "...and the strong marketing campaign to bring wolves to Colorado"

Heffelfinger discussed their published scientific paper in Biological Conservation, <Heffelfinger> "...peer reviewed journal so that information is out there, I'm sure people are trying to ignore it and not pay any attention to it but we've laid out in a really good comprehensive paper all the problems recovering Mexican wolves too far north and that same thing applies to bringing big Canadian wolves down too far south..."
Randy Newberg best put it in common folk language, "hm-huh, Well, I almost want to go to Colorado and start saying, 'Hey! Someone read this because you guys are headed down a path here' --- I feel like they're in the Titanic and that everyone knows the iceberg's there..."

There is so much more to the podcast discussion and likely more value than the small excerpts shared above.

Instead of spending money on culture wars they should spend it on things/issues that matter. Novel idea there.
Yes Buzz, Liberals and Conservatives should spend $$$ on "things/issues that matter." A "novel idea" for certain. 😉

Gianforte can't control his temper, his trigger finger, or the narrative. He can't even control his super majority...total clown.
$ and votes... Narrative is B.S. Sprinkle enough truth on a political shit or liberal funded environmental woof message and - presto. Majority of Montanan's voted for the turd and forced reintroduction of wolves in Colorado.

There was a reason they were killed off long ago! Imagine the animal rights activist living in the city wanting dinosauers re-established!

There was a reason they were killed off long ago! Imagine the animal rights activist living in the city wanting dinosauers re-established!
That’s just it: I imagine they were killed off in large part because more Americans were connected to the land, ranching and farming and couldn’t afford to have packs of wolves running around.

These days we’re a service, consumer based society, living in high rise condos, ordering a constant stream of products from Amazon.

So if something doesn’t affect someone personally, then they’re more likely to be in favor of it.

Ignorance, just the same reason most other wildlife was killed off.

That is true, we were fairly stupid, ignorant and greedy with a lot of our natural resources.

But are people (voters) all that smarter today? We have access to a lot more info, but automatically discount half of it because it’s from someone on the other side of the fence. I think we’re still ignorant, just in different ways.

That is true, we were fairly stupid, ignorant and greedy with a lot of our natural resources.

But are people (voters) all that smarter today? We have access to a lot more info, but automatically discount half of it because it’s from someone on the other side of the fence. I think we’re still ignorant, just in different ways.
I think voters are smarter today. How can they not be? The information age has changed things.

The pushback you get from those that want every predator on the planet dead, they don't control things like they used to. People are paying attention, people are getting involved and I have zero problem with that. Everyone has the right to attend, comment, and voice their concerns...everybody.

The side that's throwing a temper tantrum are those that have had near 100% control of things and are used to getting their way. Not many people in the past were even aware of when important issues were being discussed and by who. You had to read newspapers or know someone on the inside to even know when the meetings happened. Not anymore, its all there on websites, emails, you can get on email lists, etc. etc.

Wildlife issues are getting attention, land exchanges are getting attention, we can attend commission meetings virtually, house committee hearing virtually, things like that.

The whining now is that those that have always held the reins, they're threatened by transparency and differing opinions/positions.

Too bad...we don't live in a dictatorship and they better get used to it. Adapt or die.

I think voters are smarter today. How can they not be? The information age has changed things.

The pushback you get from those that want every predator on the planet dead, they don't control things like they used to. People are paying attention, people are getting involved and I have zero problem with that. Everyone has the right to attend, comment, and voice their concerns...everybody.

The side that's throwing a temper tantrum are those that have had near 100% control of things and are used to getting their way. Not many people in the past were even aware of when important issues were being discussed and by who. You had to read newspapers or know someone on the inside to even know when the meetings happened. Not anymore, its all there on websites, emails, you can get on email lists, etc. etc.

Wildlife issues are getting attention, land exchanges are getting attention, we can attend commission meetings virtually, house committee hearing virtually, things like that.

The whining now is that those that have always held the reins, they're threatened by transparency and differing opinions/positions.

Too bad...we don't live in a dictatorship and they better get used to it. Adapt or die.

Certain people are definitely more motivated and, with enough money, can gather signatures to implement things like ballot box biology.

Voters have more information at their disposal, but quantity doesn’t equal quality. And we can’t assume they read everything. A lot of people take what they’re spoonfed.

In Oregon people left of center are questioning having voted to decriminalize hard drugs, because it didn’t result in a utopia people hoped for.

People here left of center are also questioning whether the restrictive gun control measure 114 went overboard.

The ballot description for M114 was hot garbage — didn’t disclose half the stuff the voters were asked to pass.

Point is that at a macro level, it’s about who controls the information and what gets filtered down to the average citizen. You know, like with Twitter….

i live in Northern Minnesota we have 3,000 wolves and way to many liberal wolf lovers so we are not allowed to hunt wolves at all. you do not want wolves in Colorado !

Hard to introduce wolves, if surrounding states are not interested in the project. I'm sure the wolves will come from somewhere, eventually.
OK this is hilarious. Let's hope this can get pushed back at bit...

Is it plausible to get another vote on the table to kill this idea and leave it in the hands of CPW whether to introduce or not introduce wolves?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papretzelman
Back