PEAX Equipment

COLLEGE Football Is Almost Upon Us

Nice to see you can't handle any facts and add nothing to the discussion but white trash comments about your brothers , dogs, cousins, ex wife. Keep the personal insults coming. Your IQ is shining through once again. Pretty clear why you have more than 1 ex wife. Keep up the good work.

So now you are a Baylor fan??? That is funny. Root against OSU all you want, they will still win more than your Vols.

Probably should stick with Vols and Illinois that way you don't' get used to winning more than half your games.

Keep on living vicariously through Bama, an SEC tradition. SEC, SEC, SEC.

I gave you facts. you ignored them. so did lope. that was ignored, also. and yes, I'll keep rooting for the Illini. you just keep thinking that your opinion is all that matters.

I gave you facts. you ignored them. so did lope. that was ignored, also. and yes, I'll keep rooting for the Illini. you just keep thinking that your opinion is all that matters.

Please feel free to ignore me. My comments were to Tom, not you. You just like to jump in the middle of other peoples discussions and start fights. I have no desire to get in some internet tough guy name calling fiasco with you. Have a great day.

Hey TLC, based on WYO's logic, I am beginning to suspect he is a sister to my first ex-wife.....

Go Illini!

Go Baylor!

Stumble FSU !

Much as I hate to, I predict the Vols don't meet their season goal of becoming bowl eligible....Vandy will beat them....

you can't be surprised by it.

Illini will meet you in the toilet bowl. winner gets to keep their orange uniforms.:D

don't think they are good enough, but after watching ohio state play the illini this past weekend, would like to see how they would do against a good team. guessing not good since they had to score twice late to get a decent point count against the illini.

Please feel free to ignore me. My comments were to Tom, not you. You just like to jump in the middle of other peoples discussions and start fights. I have no desire to get in some internet tough guy name calling fiasco with you. Have a great day.

funny coming from you. isn't that how this started? with you jumping into a discussion I was having with someone else? more facts you won't like.

The above stats include not just the best SEC team's performance but all SEC teams in regular season and the top 6 - 8 teams in bowls. If you pull stats for when the SEC team goes into the game ranked in the Top 10...will be a different, and more relevant story. Championships are about elite teams not overal conference depth.

So what you're saying is that outside of two or three teams, the SEC is a fairly mundane conference. That flies in the face of the SEC,SEC,SEC mantra in that the entire conference is such a meatgrinder that in no week is there a sally opponent. So is it a tough conference or is it simply the conference who has happened to have the best team for a string of years?

For a fair comparison, wouldn't you think the record of nearly all teams going into a game ranked in the top-10 is pretty good?

So what you're saying is that outside of two or three teams, the SEC is a fairly mundane conference. That flies in the face of the SEC,SEC,SEC mantra in that the entire conference is such a meatgrinder that in no week is there a sally opponent. So is it a tough conference or is it simply the conference who has happened to have the best team for a string of years?

For a fair comparison, wouldn't you think the record of nearly all teams going into a game ranked in the top-10 is pretty good?

Speaking of a meat grinder. Here is Bama's schedule from last year.

SEC
Auburn 3-9 / 0-8
Tennessee 5-7 / 1-7 (win against winless team)
Arkansas 4-8 / 2-6 (both wins against winless teams)
Missouri 5-7 / 2-6 (two wins against TN and winless Kentucky)
Ole Miss 7-6 / 3-5 (two wins against Ark and winless Auburn)
Miss St 8-5 / 4-4 (2 wins vs winless teams, two vs. teams who only beat winless teams)
LSU 10-3 / 6-2 (solid team, but only two wins vs SEC team with winning conf record)
Texas A&M 11-2 / 6-2 (solid team, but only one wins vs SEC team with winning conf record. Plus Bama lost)

OOC
WKU 7-6 / 4-4
Michigan 8-5 / 6-2 (solid team, but not spectacular. Only noteworthy win vs. Northwestern)
W Carolina 1AA
F_U 3-9 / 2-6

So I am curious: where is the meatgrinder? And no this is not a one year fluke. Dating back to 2007, of the 11 SEC teams that have been in "championship contention" only 3 ever played a team cross division that finished better than 0.500 in the SEC. All three finished 5-3. Essentially every SEC team that was in the chance got there because of winning their division of the SEC, and having a soft cross division schedule that year. Even this year, Alabama's cross division games are Kentucky and Tennessee, who are a combined 1-10 in the SEC. And to date they have only beaten one conference foe with a winning record, and will likely only face two for the course of the season. So again, where is the "meatgrinder" that no one else faces?

we will never know but i would put the PAC 12 top to bottom against the SEC and would think the PAC would come out on top. id sure like to know, but we never really will. It will always be opinion until there is a bigger playoff system than whats coming.

be nice orion, but never happen. too many of the biggies have to much to lose. and that would be the same with every conference.

big ten and acc do it for basketball. most of the time, fun games to watch. not sure how much longer they have the contract for that series.

Oh yeah, the Play off system will solve everything----hahahahahahaha!

So let's say in the Conference Champs games around the county, that the PAC12, BIG12, BIG10, ACC and SEC have all of the teams that are ranked in the top 10....could happen! First, one conference gets left out. Let's say the lower ranked team wins a couple of the games....maybe by a fluke like Auburn beating UGA.....then some committee picks the four finalist-----we are ALL gonna be happy....right????

Yea, let's keep it like it is....Bama can breeze thru the weak sisters, maybe lose a game to a newcomer and still get in if it beats the grasseater's team. I say we let Teo's girlfriend pic em.

...:rolleyes:

NHY, isn't that what a good team is supposed to do? breeze thru the patsies? just like oregon is supposed to do. same with ohio state. and notre dame.:eek:

thought teos girl died? it was so sad.......

i think an 8 team would really be great...

There it is....til the 9th team is a media darling with a 20 person public relations budget.;)

(parahrasing Tom's logic):D

Interesting read on coaches salaries.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/salaries/ncaaf/coach/

Spook I know you said you thought that Arkansas made the best hire last year. Do you still feel that way with him being the 3rd highest paid coach in the country when you consider the w/l?

#3 Arkansas SEC Bret Bielema $5,158,863 $700,000

I believe over 2 million of that was his buyout,a one time thing.
I'm not aware of a more accomplished coach being hired last year,but like i said before he'll get 4 years to put the train back on the track or he'll be gone.

I believe over 2 million of that was his buyout,a one time thing.
I'm not aware of a more accomplished coach being hired last year,but like i said before he'll get 4 years to put the train back on the track or he'll be gone.

Ah, that chart is a little misleading then.

Being the coach at Arkansas is a tough row to hoe. That is a tough division to win, especially recruiting against the other programs in the SEC and Big 12 for Texas recruits.

Bielema is a good coach but if doesn't win within 4 years he stands the chance of being the next JV coach of the Soddy-Daisy Trojans.;)

He is a darn good coach and Fayetteville is a great place to go to school. I think he'll rebuild Petrino's recruit killing fiasco and last years disaster.

SEC world dominance was once again shattered when Florida, one of the most successful programs in CFB, who has had recent national championships got beat by a FCS directional school, Georgia Southern. This Florida team was ranked as high as #17 earlier this season when they played LSU.

Tom,
Please explain how this is possible?

SEC clap clap, SEC clap clap, SEC, clap clap, SEC......

Rival college football talk here - Griz spanked the pussycats. 'nuff said :D

Back to the regular programming of booster / purchase - circumventing big money for players - college athletic programs.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back