Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Cold 🥶

Have you seen the flock hanging out on that Simplot ground right there at Farmway/Simplot Rd? I’d conservatively guess 1000 geese there this afternoon in my way home from work.

Glad you're still getting into them. I aint seen 35 for a low yet this year. The lack of cold north of me has kept numbers down this year.

Dang! I should have taken a dash picture of my truck last Sunday! But it said -21 when my 13 year old son and I left it for a pheasant hunt. He didn't like his glove, so he took it off and went barehanded for about 3 hours. I did see him put it in his pocket a few times though. Got 3. Great way to end the season.

Looks like you guys are having some good luck! I would say that -7 not moving in a blind is a lot colder than -21 when walking in snow. That sounds teeth-chattering!

Looks like fun!! The few times I have hunted geese in real cold (usually they migrate out when it’s cold and the water freezes) I prefer a A frame blind and a heater in it

Been whacking em here in Montana as usual and cold as hell. Went out when it was -8 with a 15 mph wind (like 25 below) and nobody could stay in the blind more than a hour before going to warm up in the truck. We got em but probably 10,000 geese and couple thousand mallards landed in the decoys while we watched from the truck a couple times. Lol. Broke 1 shotgun, 1 spinning wind decoy wing, and one decoy exploded like glass when a big honker landed on it. You know it’s cold when plastic that’s supposed to be flexible shatters like glass.

-29 actual temp here this morning. thank goodness pheasant season is closed so I am not even tempted. Keep hammering those geese and post up more pictures for those of us homebound to see!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back