Caribou Gear Tarp

Cold 🥶

Have you seen the flock hanging out on that Simplot ground right there at Farmway/Simplot Rd? I’d conservatively guess 1000 geese there this afternoon in my way home from work.

Glad you're still getting into them. I aint seen 35 for a low yet this year. The lack of cold north of me has kept numbers down this year.

Dang! I should have taken a dash picture of my truck last Sunday! But it said -21 when my 13 year old son and I left it for a pheasant hunt. He didn't like his glove, so he took it off and went barehanded for about 3 hours. I did see him put it in his pocket a few times though. Got 3. Great way to end the season.

Looks like you guys are having some good luck! I would say that -7 not moving in a blind is a lot colder than -21 when walking in snow. That sounds teeth-chattering!

Looks like fun!! The few times I have hunted geese in real cold (usually they migrate out when it’s cold and the water freezes) I prefer a A frame blind and a heater in it

Been whacking em here in Montana as usual and cold as hell. Went out when it was -8 with a 15 mph wind (like 25 below) and nobody could stay in the blind more than a hour before going to warm up in the truck. We got em but probably 10,000 geese and couple thousand mallards landed in the decoys while we watched from the truck a couple times. Lol. Broke 1 shotgun, 1 spinning wind decoy wing, and one decoy exploded like glass when a big honker landed on it. You know it’s cold when plastic that’s supposed to be flexible shatters like glass.

-29 actual temp here this morning. thank goodness pheasant season is closed so I am not even tempted. Keep hammering those geese and post up more pictures for those of us homebound to see!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back