CO leftovers

Elkhunter24

Just a heads up to everyone, they finally posted the leftover tags in Colorado. Good luck!

I’m planning on OTC, but I’m hoping to snag one of the left over tags. The way my luck ran with the regular draws this year I’m not holding my breath.

This is my first year taking a stab at a leftover tag, but I had some questions if anyone is willing to help me out and has been through the process before. Feel free to message me as well.

-Have you been successful? Phone/online/office?
-If you strike out on a tag choice, does it tell you they're sold out so that you can go on to other choices on your list?

Any other info about the nuts and bolts of actually buying the leftover would be most appreciated. Thank you all!

This is my first year taking a stab at a leftover tag, but I had some questions if anyone is willing to help me out and has been through the process before. Feel free to message me as well.

-Have you been successful? Phone/online/office?
-If you strike out on a tag choice, does it tell you they're sold out so that you can go on to other choices on your list?

Any other info about the nuts and bolts of actually buying the leftover would be most appreciated. Thank you all!

Been successful every time, I have always called but this year you can go online. If you are trying to get a leftover tag in an area with a decent number of leftovers it's usually not a huge problem. If there is only 1 or 2 tags in a high point area you wont get them (the online option is a big change, in the past there were guys that had access to their own machines and they would have all their info ready and would snap up the tag the second sales were open). Be prepared to sit on hold for a long time if you call, I wouldn't mess around with going in person. Have a couple of options for units they will tell you if they are sold out. If you do call or go in be patient.

Yep, left over is a great opportunity. Do your research if looking for a lope tag. A lot of those units have little public land. If I didn't already have a lope A tag, I'd be drooling over the 87,88 leftovers.

Also be aware that they are using a new system this year and previously you could purchase tags only via phone or in person for the first day they were offered. I've stood in line the past two years and even without people online trying to get tags the system has crashed within the first 15 minutes. I can only imagine what is going to happen with everyone online adding to that traffic.

Depending on how long it takes you to get to whatever line you're in, be it on the phone, in person or the time it takes you to get all your information input online, the leftover list itself is updated nearly in real time. You'll have to open the list again but there is a date and time stamp in the upper right portion of the document that shows you when the document was updated.

Any secrets to getting through on the phone wllm1313? I've never been able to get through.

Also be aware that they are using a new system this year and previously you could purchase tags only via phone or in person for the first day they were offered. I've stood in line the past two years and even without people online trying to get tags the system has crashed within the first 15 minutes. I can only imagine what is going to happen with everyone online adding to that traffic.

Depending on how long it takes you to get to whatever line you're in, be it on the phone, in person or the time it takes you to get all your information input online, the leftover list itself is updated nearly in real time. You'll have to open the list again but there is a date and time stamp in the upper right portion of the document that shows you when the document was updated.

Any secrets to getting through on the phone wllm1313? I've never been able to get through.

Redial until your fingers bleed/waiting on hold...forever

Way for the love of everything holy do you have to click through 7 windows to get to check out

Had the server error message three times trying to select my stupid shipping options... this is ridiculous

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back