MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CO leftover list is available

While I'm planning for OTC elk archery now, I'm also planning to try to pick up a reissue elk archery tag if I get lucky in August.

Let's say a guy does get lucky and grabs a last-minute tag off reissue, can you just do a reprint of a tag at a CPW office? I can't remember how long it took to receive my reissue tag in the mail last year.

While I'm planning for OTC elk archery now, I'm also planning to try to pick up a reissue elk archery tag if I get lucky in August.

Let's say a guy does get lucky and grabs a last-minute tag off reissue, can you just do a reprint of a tag at a CPW office? I can't remember how long it took to receive my reissue tag in the mail last year.

You can specify to not have it mailed at all, and instead pick it up at any retailer with a machine.

They are pretty quick. Unless you are a week or two from season mailing is plenty of time. If your under two weeks I would just plan on picking it up

So AM003O1R... 25 NR tags total, 9point unit for NR.... 19 tags reissued.

for a ton of codes ~30% to 90% of the NR quota are reissued every year for no points.

View attachment 229688View attachment 229689
Hey I got one of those last year! Thanks for posting but boy that makes me sick knowing that there is a good chance 50 percent of those people will return them again this year.

So AM003O1R... 25 NR tags total, 9point unit for NR.... 19 tags reissued.

for a ton of codes ~30% to 90% of the NR quota are reissued every year for no points.

View attachment 229688View attachment 229689
Good example of why there should be no returns. No refund of points. You apply and successfully draw, you lose your points!!

I’m not sure if it would still be a 9 point hunt if you lost your points. Possibly.

Guaranteed that NR returns are related to someone with 5 less points drawing the same tag.

Can’t stand the fact that they thought they were ahead of the line and some bum got in cheap.

Rather than hunt just flop it back in.

Guaranteed that NR returns are related to someone with 5 less points drawing the same tag.

Can’t stand the fact that they thought they were ahead of the line and some bum got in cheap.

Rather than hunt just flop it back in.

But the data doesn't separate R and NR returns, so we don't actually know who is returning tags, right?

QQ

CO is too #woke to make people pay up front. Then only the “privileged” people would be able to apply, right?

Joking. Sort of.
Co has been infiltrated and become so stoned and marxist and corrupt that I try my hardest not to go there and give them my $$$! Unfortunatly for easterners, it must be the place to hunt when all other draws fail:(

I posted these on another forum. I'm telling you all right now that this is what is happening....

"
SOOO many tags turned back in as per usual. I wonder how point creep would be reduced if the people who turned the tags back in lost their points...They need to seriously act on this sooner than later.

I hope people aren't drawing these tags and then turning their tags back in immediately just to give their kids with 0 points a shot at the tag. There are a lot of games being played behind the scenes. Know that. If they took peoples points for drawing an A list tag it would be very interesting to see how long the list is next season....

Think about the following situation:

Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, all have 6 points and draw tags for EE-00401A (even though Mom, Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt and Uncle don't even hunt and live in Vegas.....) They can scoop up 6 tags and turn them all back in for the possibility of their grandkids to draw. I hope people aren't doing this but my gut instinct tells me that it is happening...Its literally the same situation with "Point Averaging" that is happening in Wyoming. I know a group of scallywags from GA who buy points for EVERYONE in their family.....(most of which have never nor will they ever cross the Mississippi in their lifetime)

People will play the system if the states leave these "loopholes" to be played."

"
AND if its a TYPE A tag on the secondary draw ANY person should loose all of their points for their first choice as well.
IMO, NOBODY should be getting a Type-A tag in the primary or secondary draw on their first choice without loosing points to get it.
Something has to be done to curb point creep. And this is coming from a guy who's wife almost turned her tag in this year.....

Example 1: The guy who drew the EE012O1M as a NR with 22 points.....You cant honestly tell me that he had ANY intention of hunting that unit on 22 points as a NR....I bet you good money that his tag is one of the two tags that got turned back in and made the secondary list.....This is the kind of crap that I'm suggesting is happening.

Example 2: The guy who drew the EE015O1R as a NR with 15 points.....You cant honestly tell me that he had ANY intention of hunting that unit on 15 points as a NR....I bet you good money that his tag is one of the 6 tags that got turned back in and made the secondary list.....This is the kind of crap that I'm suggesting is happening.

There are hundreds of examples of this very thing happening. Nobody intentionally burns 15 points on a 3 point unit. I would love to see a report of WHO turned their tags back in. That would certainly prove out my theory...."

I posted these on another forum. I'm telling you all right now that this is what is happening....

"
SOOO many tags turned back in as per usual. I wonder how point creep would be reduced if the people who turned the tags back in lost their points...They need to seriously act on this sooner than later.

I hope people aren't drawing these tags and then turning their tags back in immediately just to give their kids with 0 points a shot at the tag. There are a lot of games being played behind the scenes. Know that. If they took peoples points for drawing an A list tag it would be very interesting to see how long the list is next season....

Think about the following situation:

Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, all have 6 points and draw tags for EE-00401A (even though Mom, Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt and Uncle don't even hunt and live in Vegas.....) They can scoop up 6 tags and turn them all back in for the possibility of their grandkids to draw. I hope people aren't doing this but my gut instinct tells me that it is happening...Its literally the same situation with "Point Averaging" that is happening in Wyoming. I know a group of scallywags from GA who buy points for EVERYONE in their family.....(most of which have never nor will they ever cross the Mississippi in their lifetime)

People will play the system if the states leave these "loopholes" to be played."

"
AND if its a TYPE A tag on the secondary draw ANY person should loose all of their points for their first choice as well.
IMO, NOBODY should be getting a Type-A tag in the primary or secondary draw on their first choice without loosing points to get it.
Something has to be done to curb point creep. And this is coming from a guy who's wife almost turned her tag in this year.....

Example 1: The guy who drew the EE012O1M as a NR with 22 points.....You cant honestly tell me that he had ANY intention of hunting that unit on 22 points as a NR....I bet you good money that his tag is one of the two tags that got turned back in and made the secondary list.....This is the kind of crap that I'm suggesting is happening.

Example 2: The guy who drew the EE015O1R as a NR with 15 points.....You cant honestly tell me that he had ANY intention of hunting that unit on 15 points as a NR....I bet you good money that his tag is one of the 6 tags that got turned back in and made the secondary list.....This is the kind of crap that I'm suggesting is happening.

There are hundreds of examples of this very thing happening. Nobody intentionally burns 15 points on a 3 point unit. I would love to see a report of WHO turned their tags back in. That would certainly prove out my theory...."
Well what would be their motivation for going thru the trouble to apply if they knew they were turning it back in? It makes no sense

^^^It does if you have a youth hunter or three that doesn’t have the points for a tag and your sitting at 12 points in no-mans land……

You get the tag, turn it in within the first few days and then it ends up on the secondary draw list and you kid /kids have a 50/50 shot at drawing it…..meanwhile your keeping the tag out of the hands of others for the primary draw….

Do you really think that the guys with 15 points are trying to burn pick up tags worth 3 points? Lol get real.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s happening quite like that. For one you don’t gain a point when you turn in, and with todays point creep the last thing you want to do is get further behind.

Look at the demand for tags in the secondary draw recap. If it’s a desirable tag your kids more then likely don’t have a 50/50 shot at it. More like ~5-10%.

I think most of the weird “point burns” you see in the recap are either guys screwing up on apps or guys simply wanting out to go on a hunt with their buddies. It’s been going on way before the “youth preference secondary” so it’s nothing new.

Apply for 15 years and make a mistake???let alone seeing hundreds of people make mistakes…..nah
If your sitting at 10-15 points….your in no man’s land and you’ll NEVER catch up. Furthermore, If all of your “deadbeat tag buyers” never come west of the Mississippi in their life then, it is a plausible argument that this is happening….

Return the tag, get ready, get set, now refresh, then buy….that’s how it used to be….it was happening and now it’s happening on a different level.

Don’t underestimate peoples abilities to be crafty.

At the very least, It would be VERY interesting to see who is turning tags back in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back