Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CO leftover list is available

This is absolutely why we need to get rid/revise the current system.

24% of the tags for a 12/23 point unit... so none of these people are losing points šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø. Egregiously stupid. Tons and tons of examples year after year, in 2019 unit 43 had 75% of it's E1R deer tags returned.

1632933459267.png

1632933518363.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is absolutely why we need to get rid/revise the current system.

24% of the tags for a 12/23 point unit... so none of these people are losing points šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø. Egregiously stupid. Tons and tons of examples year after year, in 2019 unit 43 had 75% of it's E1R deer tags returned.

View attachment 195996

View attachment 195997
There was a big fire in the unit that year. I would have turned my tag back in also, and hunted another year.

Maybe anyone who pulls an ā€œAā€ tag off the reissue list should lose their points! That would help with point creep.

Last edited:
There was a big fire in the unit that year. I would have turned my tag back in also, and hunted another year.

Maybe anyone who pulls a ā€œAā€ tag off the reissue list should lose their points! That would help with point creep.
There are fires every year, comes with the territory in my mind.

Part of point creep is that we make applying to 'safe', increase the risk less people apply, thus less point creep.

I don't care that you got a tag, or that I got a tag, etc. My entire is that as a SYSTEM the preference points + reissues does not work at all. Sure the brokenness of it benefits some folks, including me I've gotten a bunch of tags for no points, but it's still broken.

We need to have a good system, not a system with hacks for those in the know.

Maybe anyone who pulls a ā€œAā€ tag off the reissue list should lose their points! That would help with point creep.
The fire in the unit had almost no effect on the hunt. I helped pack out a bull for someone else through the burn that year. I got one of those 31 tags, even though I had zero hunting experience in the unit, I knew I couldn't hunt until Monday, and I had to be at a meeting across the state on Thursday morning. Monday morning I drove in the dark to where I thought I would have a good view of a lot of country when the sun came up, and killed a 7x7 bull 0.24 mile from my truck 45 minutes after shooting light. The bull was in my garage by 5:30 that evening.

I agree with wllm about losing points.

Like I mentioned before on the turning a tag back in issue. Colorado should follow Wyomingā€™s rules when it comes to turning a tag back in. Wyoming is like the honey badger when it comes to that. They donā€™t give a &$&@ about your reasoning, unless its medical or emergency

Also, again, guys should lose points when picking up a reissue tag. Shouldnā€™t be able to hunt for ā€œfreeā€
That would knock some of the point creep down. Also make guys like me think twice, who apply for a PP and know I have a good chance to still hunt because I grabbed a tag off the reissue. But if I was gonna lose points playing that game, I might go about it a little different.

Like I mentioned before on the turning a tag back in issue. Colorado should follow Wyomingā€™s rules when it comes to turning a tag back in. Wyoming is like the honey badger when it comes to that. They donā€™t give a &$&@ about your reasoning, unless its medical or emergency

Also, again, guys should lose points when picking up a reissue tag. Shouldnā€™t be able to hunt for ā€œfreeā€
That would knock some of the point creep down. Also make guys like me think twice, who apply for a PP and know I have a good chance to still hunt because I grabbed a tag off the reissue. But if I was gonna lose points playing that game, I might go about it a little different.
Yep. I think losing your points for A list is the way to go. At least the people that tried to draw the tag has another chance at them without competing against people that have no interest in drawing it just grabbing something.

Huge glitch in the system tonight! Dumped a bunch of tags around 930. Now all sales are suspended at the moment

• Wow
Reactions: LCH
Idk but the FB made it seem like a lot of goodies. I knew something was up yesterday w the short list. I shoulda been paying more attention and reinstated my watch app for stupid shit just like this. Now they are gone
Would love to see the screen shots of what was available.

Played the game today - no dice. Hard to do in mobile with all the captcha prompts

Okā€¦ so I saw a cow tag in the reissue preview list that I was hoping to buy for a friend of mine. I never did see that it moved to the leftover list. Someone who knows how this new process is functioning please educate me. I thought those tags on Tuesdayā€™s preview list would show up on the leftover list on Wednesdays. What am I missing?

Okā€¦ so I saw a cow tag in the reissue preview list that I was hoping to buy for a friend of mine. I never did see that it moved to the leftover list. Someone who knows how this new process is functioning please educate me. I thought those tags on Tuesdayā€™s preview list would show up on the leftover list on Wednesdays. What am I missing?
don't worry about the leftover list, if a tag is on the reissue list, be logged in around 10:55 and try to get the tag in your cart

As @brushcreek alluded to - some tags from the preview will never show on a posted leftover list.

This is not the exact technical method, but effectively it works like this:

- The Preview list is just that - a Preview of tag ā€˜inventoryā€™ that is going to be added to the list.
- tags are moved into ā€œinventoryā€ or the ā€œavailable to sellā€ bucket in ā€œbatchesā€ starting at/near 11.
- the leftover list pdf (which is just a report that takes a snapshot of available inventory) that you see on the CPW site is only generated every 5 minutes.
- Today it was updating at 11:x3 and 11:x8 (where ā€™xā€™ = 0,1,2,3,4,5)
- Thus, many (most) tags that are purchased never appear on a posted Leftover List report because they are added to, then taken out of inventory (purchased/added to a cart) in between the times when the report runs

As @brushcreek alluded to - some tags from the preview will never show on a posted leftover list.

This is not the exact technical method, but effectively it works like this:

- The Preview list is just that - a Preview of tag ā€˜inventoryā€™ that is going to be added to the list.
- tags are moved into ā€œinventoryā€ or the ā€œavailable to sellā€ bucket in ā€œbatchesā€ starting at/near 11.
- the leftover list pdf (which is just a report that takes a snapshot of available inventory) that you see on the CPW site is only generated every 5 minutes.
- Today it was updating at 11:x3 and 11:x8 (where ā€™xā€™ = 0,1,2,3,4,5)
- Thus, many (most) tags that are purchased never appear on a posted Leftover List report because they are added to, then taken out of inventory (purchased/added to a cart) in between the times when the report runs
Gotcha. Thank you.

don't worry about the leftover list, if a tag is on the reissue list, be logged in around 10:55 and try to get the tag in your cart
Quick question - I had a few ā€œBā€ tag options in my 4 deer selection rows - it just kept coming back as ā€œnot available for saleā€ when I tried to get one at 11:00:01am. Should I try adding to cart before 11:00:00am MT is what youā€™re saying?

Quick question - I had a few ā€œBā€ tag options in my 4 deer selection rows - it just kept coming back as ā€œnot available for saleā€ when I tried to get one at 11:00:01am. Should I try adding to cart before 11:00:00am MT is what youā€™re saying?
Keep clicking. It seems like some weeks the ā€˜batchesā€™ start getting added to inventory right at 11, some times right before or after.

But all of the tag invneotry is not added at once. I think one week tags were still being moved into inventory at like 11:30.

E.g. I grabbed a Buck tag today and I clicked from 10:59 until 11:04 getting the error every click until the last one.

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification @cedahm! I spoke with CPW and the other week and they werenā€™t able to give me much guidance as to how the system actually worked.

Back