Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

CO leftover list is available

CPW responded to be saying tags were released around 11:04. Traditionally they have been releasing around 11:07-11:10z I explained to them a unit I tried to get that has two tags said it has no quota.

“Huh, shouldn’t have done that”.

*eyes roll*

So I've been trying this for a few weeks now and here is my understanding of the error messages. Anyway for anyone to confirm? I believe there are a total of 3 that can come up:
1) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] is not available for sale. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
*This is the same error code you get if you do it any day of the week and there isn't a license. So this error code means either the license hasn't been dropped yet or it has already been purchased. If the code you want goes from this message to one of the other two, you know the tag is being processed and you didn't get it but its possible the person could still release the tag after 15 minutes of holding onto it.
2) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] is not available for sale as a leftover license. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
3) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] does not have any available quota. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
*I'm not exactly sure the difference between 2 and 3 but I'm understanding it that either of those messages means someone has the tag in their cart but just hasn't purchased it. Error 3 seems to only show up for a refresh or two before it turns into error 2.

Finally, every single time if I'm hitting refresh with 4 codes entered, once they all revert back to having error number 1, its seems to kick me out back to the main purchase leftover/otc purchase page.

View attachment 241895

Looks like I'm just never lucky enough to have a tag process during all that refresh time. I'm trying to snag a O4R deer rifle tag, especially now since my wife got her Wyoming elk saving me 4 days of vacation!
In the past the tags switched from your #1 above to #3 once they were taken but the ones I tried for are still saying not available for sale (#1 above). I have given up on trying to figure this system out.

So I've been trying this for a few weeks now and here is my understanding of the error messages. Anyway for anyone to confirm? I believe there are a total of 3 that can come up:
1) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] is not available for sale. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
*This is the same error code you get if you do it any day of the week and there isn't a license. So this error code means either the license hasn't been dropped yet or it has already been purchased. If the code you want goes from this message to one of the other two, you know the tag is being processed and you didn't get it but its possible the person could still release the tag after 15 minutes of holding onto it.
2) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] is not available for sale as a leftover license. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
3) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] does not have any available quota. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
*I'm not exactly sure the difference between 2 and 3 but I'm understanding it that either of those messages means someone has the tag in their cart but just hasn't purchased it. Error 3 seems to only show up for a refresh or two before it turns into error 2.

Finally, every single time if I'm hitting refresh with 4 codes entered, once they all revert back to having error number 1, its seems to kick me out back to the main purchase leftover/otc purchase page.

View attachment 241895

Looks like I'm just never lucky enough to have a tag process during all that refresh time. I'm trying to snag a O4R deer rifle tag, especially now since my wife got her Wyoming elk saving me 4 days of vacation!
I tried for the first time this year toady and the tag I was trying for went from message 1 to message 3 at about 11:05, but went back to 1 after just a few clicks and remained.

I tried for the first time this year toady and the tag I was trying for went from message 1 to message 3 at about 11:05, but went back to 1 after just a few clicks and remained.
According to CPW, that means that someone got it in their cart (message 3). Once they pay, it goes back to message 1. I think message 2 is that the tag is on the preview list, but has not been released for sale yet....?

Same for me today. Never got message two after 20 minutes of clicking a few different codes.

Same for me today. Never got message two after 20 minutes of clicking a few different codes.

I finally remembered to play the game today for the first time this season… and got the same #1 the whole time. Only tried for a minute after 11 tho. Was I late, early, who knows. I don’t get this system.

Message 2 means it’s in someone’s cart.
I saw one 4th deer this week with that #2 message for over 45 mins. Great tag. Only code I tried for at 11:00:01am. Kept clicking. Kept seeing message 2. It was released 3 separate times and populated on the LO list. The third time I got it at 11:50am! You never know.
I was in a very dull meeting and fist pumped. A couple buddies knew what I was up to and chuckled. That poor speaker had no idea what to think, 😂.

In past years it was random and fair. Meaning now, This is only fair for the rich man with blazing internet.
I have even tried going to a cpw office with all info in before 11am and a young officer who clicked on the code a C hair after 11am. And even then we got message 2. Just crazy.

I miss the random drops of returned tags, leftover watch, and a chance to get a tag on the day before a season starts, instead of the Wednesday after! Screws 1st season bad.

Another observation is that I did turn in 3 tags for reissue this last Tuesday at 8:05am right after a regional office opened. All 3 made it on the list this Tuesday including a 1st bull tag. So happy someone got to use them and I’m already tagged out for elk and lope. The bull was Wyoming type 9 weirdo, so that’s why I turned in my CO elk A tag.

Look out for a 4th cow unit 10 tag. I’m 80% turning it in, but that’s a hard one to let go. Good luck

Attachments

• C4AEF21A-7F54-4A7E-A306-C816A1DB701F.jpeg
    C4AEF21A-7F54-4A7E-A306-C816A1DB701F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • F5541A40-1623-4785-965B-00C481E5D804.jpeg
    F5541A40-1623-4785-965B-00C481E5D804.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members