Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

CO leftover list is available

I hear you have to be logged in on the tag code page with code punched for about 15 minutes without touching anything. Some sort of backdoor queue for the tag you want.

So I've been trying this for a few weeks now and here is my understanding of the error messages. Anyway for anyone to confirm? I believe there are a total of 3 that can come up:
1) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] is not available for sale. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
*This is the same error code you get if you do it any day of the week and there isn't a license. So this error code means either the license hasn't been dropped yet or it has already been purchased. If the code you want goes from this message to one of the other two, you know the tag is being processed and you didn't get it but its possible the person could still release the tag after 15 minutes of holding onto it.
2) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] is not available for sale as a leftover license. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
3) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] does not have any available quota. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
*I'm not exactly sure the difference between 2 and 3 but I'm understanding it that either of those messages means someone has the tag in their cart but just hasn't purchased it. Error 3 seems to only show up for a refresh or two before it turns into error 2.

Finally, every single time if I'm hitting refresh with 4 codes entered, once they all revert back to having error number 1, its seems to kick me out back to the main purchase leftover/otc purchase page.

1664386031617.png

Looks like I'm just never lucky enough to have a tag process during all that refresh time. I'm trying to snag a O4R deer rifle tag, especially now since my wife got her Wyoming elk saving me 4 days of vacation!

So I've been trying this for a few weeks now and here is my understanding of the error messages. Anyway for anyone to confirm? I believe there are a total of 3 that can come up:
1) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] is not available for sale. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
*This is the same error code you get if you do it any day of the week and there isn't a license. So this error code means either the license hasn't been dropped yet or it has already been purchased. If the code you want goes from this message to one of the other two, you know the tag is being processed and you didn't get it but its possible the person could still release the tag after 15 minutes of holding onto it.
2) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] is not available for sale as a leftover license. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
3) Hunt code [xxxxxxxx] does not have any available quota. Please remove or enter a different hunt code.
*I'm not exactly sure the difference between 2 and 3 but I'm understanding it that either of those messages means someone has the tag in their cart but just hasn't purchased it. Error 3 seems to only show up for a refresh or two before it turns into error 2.

Finally, every single time if I'm hitting refresh with 4 codes entered, once they all revert back to having error number 1, its seems to kick me out back to the main purchase leftover/otc purchase page.

View attachment 241895

Looks like I'm just never lucky enough to have a tag process during all that refresh time. I'm trying to snag a O4R deer rifle tag, especially now since my wife got her Wyoming elk saving me 4 days of vacation!
Close, but it actually just depends on what button gets pushed on the backend.

D347A654-38FC-4041-BDCB-A45C0326709D.gif

This system is so messed up. For the 3rd time I had a tag in my cart. I go to check out and it vanished. CPW does nothing about this even with video proof. Broken system.

I hope they leave it alone. I think I finally figured it out. Got 2 tags this year off the list which had a quota of 1 and a quota of 2 on each occasion.

I hope they leave it alone. I think I finally figured it out. Got 2 tags this year off the list which had a quota of 1 and a quota of 2 on each occasion.
Right when everyone starts to get it figured out….BAM…..cpw changes the system. Has Happened every couple years since it started. Rumor is, big changes coming for next years reissue process. Time will tell.

Surrender points when you turn a tag in? Good for them for reissuing but my goodness.

Surrender points when you turn a tag in? Good for them for reissuing but my goodness.
You can actually apply for points restoration. There’s a lot of tags that cost double-digit points that get our back into the reissue. Constantly. No way anyone would turn in a 201 bull tag unless they got points back.

You can actually apply for points restoration. There’s a lot of tags that cost double-digit points that get our back into the reissue. Constantly. No way anyone would turn in a 201 bull tag unless they got points back.
Exactly hold them accountable for applying. I do like that Colorado does this and have taken advantage of it myself but when you draw your points need to go away.

So when I hit enter with my hunt code listed, and it comes up pink with one of the above error messages, do I have to clear it and re enter the code before hitting submit again? Or, can I just keep hitting submit, eventhough is says to choose another code?

Right when everyone starts to get it figured out….BAM…..cpw changes the system. Has Happened every couple years since it started. Rumor is, big changes coming for next years reissue process. Time will tell.
What big changes are in the rumor mill?

They must have released all the tags before 11 MST. All I ever got from that time was "no quota".

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back