Caribou Gear

CO draw results

So I got a good one.... My first choice elk muzzy tag with 1 point is 100% draw odds for non residents the last 10 years, typically with 25% odds with no points. I applied with one point this year and got my second choice. One would think there would be less apps overall with the required requisite license purchase this year? Meanwhile my resident buddy typically has a 20% chance with zero points and drew the tag with no points? Strange to see such large disparity in draw odds this year compared to the last 10. Very interested to see this years draw recap!

So I got a good one.... My first choice elk muzzy tag with 1 point is 100% draw odds for non residents the last 10 years, typically with 25% odds with no points. I applied with one point this year and got my second choice. One would think there would be less apps overall with the required requisite license purchase this year? Meanwhile my resident buddy typically has a 20% chance with zero points and drew the tag with no points? Strange to see such large disparity in draw odds this year compared to the last 10. Very interested to see this years draw recap!
Or people are dumping their points.

A lot of it has to do with so many people jumping from unit to unit due to too much pressure in the unit they hunted last year, hearing about some one having a great year or killing a big bull in another unit, or someone posted something positive about another unit on a forum and now everybody thinks its great.

So unpredictable every year.

Thats what I did, Dump. Only 3 but at 63 I'm done playing points except home here in Arizona. 1 more dump, next Jan. ,I have 10 Elk points in Wyoming. I will then play States with no points .............BOB!

got pinged for a n r elk tag//ckd my e-mails,,got my 1st choice elk,,and drew my 2nd choice deer,,unit 444 2nd season if anyone can chime in on unit 444 deer,that would be great,,,so with drawing 2nd choice,i understand i get a preference point at no charge?other than the $396.75 n r deer price?is that correct?

Back