Yeti GOBOX Collection

CO CPW Draw Process Working Group

Holy crap, the increase in moose apps!! Yeah I know, lots of more important info in there, but wow!
Wowzer, I didnt realize how bad it jumped. I’ve been putting in since I drew my cow tag to draw another. It may be quite a bit longer to draw it than it was the first time around.

I must be a loner thinking preference points aren't broke. 700,000 points put in play, that'll fix it.
I don't think preference points are broke either, just think they need to take your points everytime you get an A tag(draw, OTC, leftover, etc). Also need to make it that if you return your tag, you can get your money back, but your points are NOT reinstated.

I don't think preference points are broke either, just think they need to take your points everytime you get an A tag(draw, OTC, leftover, etc). Also need to make it that if you return your tag, you can get your money back, but your points are NOT reinstated.
I’ve been saying this and beating this drum for years.

Nobody will listen.

It’s like they can’t see the forest through the trees.

I’ve been saying this and beating this drum for years.

Nobody will listen.

It’s like they can’t see the forest through the trees.
Members of the working group are actively reading and part of this thread. Keep voicing your opinions.

Sure, preference points ain’t broke; in fact they’re working perfectly.

But just cause something works doesn’t mean it’s not $*)Q!#@$ stupid.

Members of the working group are actively reading and part of this thread. Keep voicing your opinions.

You mean the person who floated the idea of "charging an additional fee for purchasing a point" is actually reading this thread!?
Well, person who said that (4:18), addressing the problem by trying to price people out, is proven, not to work (see Wyoming as an example).

Colorado MUST force people to use their points to get tags. That is what points are meant for. Literally.

Those working group members should have focused on this instead of floating ideas of charging people more money. Money that the CPW doesn't even need, all for the sake of "Discouraging point purchases".

I'm finished ranting/editing, you may now quote me. lol

Last edited:
Sure, preference points ain’t broke; in fact they’re working perfectly.

But just cause something works doesn’t mean it’s not $*)Q!#@$ stupid.
Please tell me just what is going to happen when a guy with a decent point total doesn't want to spend them on an A tag that is not worth his total points? He is going to stay home and not hunt. We will just sell that tag to a nonresident who has piles of points in multiple states and could care less about his Colorado points. Sounds pretty stupid to me, hunters are as communist as what is going on at the capital in Denver. It is no longer a free country, we must regulate and dictate to the point residents just drop out.

I miss living in a free country with choices, embrace that point communism, there will be consequences for friends and family.

Attachments

• points.png
    points.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 19
Please tell me just what is going to happen when a guy with a decent point total doesn't want to spend them on an A tag that is not worth his total points? He is going to stay home and not hunt. We will just sell that tag to a nonresident who has piles of points in multiple states and could care less about his Colorado points. Sounds pretty stupid to me, hunters are as communist as what is going on at the capital in Denver. It is no longer a free country, we must regulate and dictate to the point residents just drop out.

I miss living in a free country with choices, embrace that point communism, there will be consequences for friends and family.

that dipshit should not stay home and go hunting instead. his choice in this wonderful free country we live in; not my problem.

he sounds like a bow hunter.

On the other hand, we can have 50,000 people put in for unit 201 cause "theres a chance"

I miss living in a free country with choices, embrace that point communism fellas, there will be consequences for friends and family.

Guess he'll have to finally choose between collecting points or hunting.

Where as I see how burning points for any tag would alleviate pp climb in colorado I think it would increase pressure to other states. I don't hate the idea of using points for all A tags.

Me as a resident personally if they did burn points for all tags I'd leave the state to one of those states where people can kill lots of whitetail every year or the other western states where residents get meat tags.
I rely on that later choice cow b tag for meat each year, but I love to occasionally have a fun bull hunt with less pressure for the adventure and to spend the summer scouting.

So hypothetical...rules change. Units are 50 % points, 50% random. Unit X takes 7 points to draw. Resident Hunter 1 has 4 points. New rules kick in, he does not want to blow his points on any tag from a 2nd, 3rd, 4th leftover, or even a B list cow tag so he applies only as first choice and doesn't draw for several years. The tags he could have drawn as 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc don't go to him, they go to a nonresident cause he could care less about his Colorado point total, the NR still has points in 5 other elk states. In a few years, nonresident points get cleared out by a reasonable percent. For a resident Unit X goes up in point creep because every resident with points is doing the same damn thing(staying home) and the quota for points was cut in half. Meanwhile because Unit X is now hard set at 25% non residents, nonresidents can draw with fewer points then a resident? Then we limit everything, hundred of zero point hunt codes are created, and all sold to nonresidents?

What am I missing? Where am I wrong? All those points represent PEOPLE who should not be thrown under a bus for playing by the rules. We know Togie could care less, the only time it matters if it becomes a problem for him. Selfish, lack of compassion, the world we live in I guess.

New rules work great if everyone starts at zero. We aren't doing that. Who will be the winners, who will lose? Who cares about anyone but themselves??

*couldn't care less actually.

i'm gonna hunt every year because that's what's important to me. sounds like in this hypothetical a lot of guys sitting at home pouting will make that even easier for me to do.

What am I missing? Where am I wrong? All those points represent PEOPLE who should not be thrown under a bus for playing by the rules. We know Togie could care less, the only time it matters if it becomes a problem for him. Selfish, lack of compassion, the world we live in I guess.

New rules work great if everyone starts at zero.
But the new guys just buying their first points should go under the bus? Don't forget they're PEOPLE too and a lot more of them then 20+ point holders. You're just as selfish as @TOGIE if not more. Enough people have agreed the status quo has got to go sorry you disagree. The last sentence is your best idea yet I would just add "and go random draw".

So hypothetical...rules change. Units are 50 % points, 50% random. Unit X takes 7 points to draw. Resident Hunter 1 has 4 points. New rules kick in, he does not want to blow his points on any tag from a 2nd, 3rd, 4th leftover, or even a B list cow tag so he applies only as first choice and doesn't draw for several years. The tags he could have drawn as 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc don't go to him, they go to a nonresident cause he could care less about his Colorado point total, the NR still has points in 5 other elk states. In a few years, nonresident points get cleared out by a reasonable percent. For a resident Unit X goes up in point creep because every resident with points is doing the same damn thing(staying home) and the quota for points was cut in half. Meanwhile because Unit X is now hard set at 25% non residents, nonresidents can draw with fewer points then a resident? Then we limit everything, hundred of zero point hunt codes are created, and all sold to nonresidents?

New rules work great if everyone starts at zero. We aren't doing that. Who will be the winners, who will lose? Who cares about anyone but themselves??

"Customers could still take their chance in the random Secondary Draw where no preference points are used, if they wanted an opportunity to hunt every year."

There ya go sir. Go hunt.

I honestly miss point banking. Having 8 points and being able to hunt a 3 point unit for 2 years in a row was awesome. I think the only people that whined about it was people that didn't save up points ahead of time. If I took the time to bank the points, you could have too.....

*couldn't care less actually.

i'm gonna hunt every year because that's what's important to me. sounds like in this hypothetical a lot of guys sitting at home pouting will make that even easier for me to do.
To whom is given much, much is required. I will let you figure out the author. Caring less doesn't require much.

Lord have mercy on us all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back