Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Chukars

Brittany Chukarman

Got out for our first chukar hunt today. Found a few coveys and shot a few. Also got into some quail. We wound up on a really steep sidehill I usually try to avoid but Ranger scented them from the top and I followed him down. I'll be feeling it tomorrow, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,011
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 4,233
I always enjoy your photos, makes me miss hunting down there in your neck of the woods, I remember some killer leg cramps after hiking those canyons.

Thanks for all the good comments. My nephew came up for Thanksgiving. He doesn't get the chance to hunt where he lives. Through the years we've done a lot of fishing together and I helped him take his first antelope and deer but we had not done any bird hunting. He got his first quail and chukar yesterday. He had a great time.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 1,261
  • IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 670
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and an avid chukar hunter that hunts over GWP's. Pickings are down from last season as it is very dry in our area. I got four birds before my almost 12 yr old girl pooped out. Saw about 30-40 between two hunters. Ellie had two solid points, a point dead, and two nice retrieves. Glad to be a part of the forum here in Northern Nevada. I left my Cannon D-10 plugged into the computer overnight and the battery dies so no pics!

Mic

Welcome Sierra, great to have nuther bird hunter around here.
SW ID bird numbers are pretty fair this year............again.
WD

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back