Christmas shopping...

Oak

Expert
Anybody still procrastinating? I'm headed out now to find something for my wife. smalls told me that she doesn't need anything this year, she just hasn't verbalized it yet. Despite his surely good intentions, I'm going to err on the side of caution. Wish me luck...:(

Started last night....

About to make a heroic effort at it for a few minutes before watching some HS hoops of GirlGunner and trying to catch a bit of the Boise guys beating up on Christians from Texas.

Just got back from buying a basketball goal for my boy, will stop by wallyworld tonight and get the two remaining cards & gift certificates that I forgot yesterday and I will be done. My boy is the only one getting an actual gift from me this year, everybody else is getting cards and $$$, don't really feel like doing a lot of shopping.

I gave out the Christmas Bonuses this morning. The wife has shopped for the Family....as usual. I still need to go buy her something...she wants a new Gas Grill, but I hate to spoil her as I just bought her a Trailer to put behind her Golf cart to haul leaves back to the burn pile and it wasn't a special occasion! John

I've got double duty. My wifes birthday is the 28th. I am pretty much done other than one package that should have been delivered yesterday. I guess the UPS guy can't get to our house with all the snow. Hopefully it will get here before Thursday.

I've got double duty. My wifes birthday is the 28th. I am pretty much done other than one package that should have been delivered yesterday. I guess the UPS guy can't get to our house with all the snow. Hopefully it will get here before Thursday.

Dang! You got it rough! Hope you've got a double dose of good stuff planned! hump

I've never been a gambler at heart. Stopped at the diamond store first and got it over with. :eek: Too many tag applications due shortly. ;)

Started last night....

About to make a heroic effort at it for a few minutes before watching some HS hoops of GirlGunner and trying to catch a bit of the Boise guys beating up on Christians from Texas.
Guess my prayers were answered! :D

Guess my prayers were answered! :D

Hit one of the Teen Retailers (American Eagle??? or Aeropostle???), I can't remember which one is which, but I grabbed a bunch of stuff. Huge armload of clothes. They had all sorts of "sales", which were too confusing for me to keep track of as I found stuff. At the end, I paid $81 for 3 big bags of clothes.... and the cashier said "That will be $81 and you saved $224 tonight".....:eek:

There was some massive discounting going on this holiday season as retailers struggled to cope with the recession caused by Dubya's 8 years of economic failure.

Boise State is a class act....especially the coach. That left handed freshman QB is the real deal.

Boise State is a class act....especially the coach. That left handed freshman QB is the real deal.

Allegedly, his little brother has given a verbal to be a wide reciver, ala Vinnie Perretta..... Kind of a "slash" player....

More Moores in Boise? QB's parents likely will stay in Prosser, even though they can't see all the games
Submitted by Chadd Cripe on Tue, 12/23/2008 - 11:56am.
By Chadd Cripe
[email protected]

SAN DIEGO — Tom Moore, the father of Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore, has been forced to follow his son’s breakout freshman season on the radio and through text messages at times this season.

Tonight, the entire Moore family will be in the stands at Qualcomm Stadium to watch Kellen try to knock off TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl.

The whole season has been a different experience for Tom, who in the past was always Kellen’s coach or helping Kellen’s coaches.

“Now I’m a fan,” he said. “I’m standing up for the fight song. It’s just great.”

Tom missed several games this season because they conflicted with his schedule as the Prosser (Wash.) High football coach. The weekday games, in particular, give him problems.

When the Broncos played Hawaii in October, Kellen’s mother went to the game. She sent text messages to Tom as he rode the bus to Prosser’s game that night.

“I’m just going crazy sitting on the bus looking at these texts,” Tom said. “We were warming up for the game. I finally had to put the phone away.”

When the Broncos played at San Jose State the next week, Kellen’s mom watched the Boise State game on the Internet in the press box at the Prosser game.

And when the Broncos played Nevada in November, it conflicted with a Prosser playoff game. The Moores were both in Washington.

“Our game was over and she comes running out of the bleachers,” Tom said. “She says, ‘Kellen has thrown two picks for touchdowns.’ I’m like, ‘Oh my God.’ I shook hands with the other coach and we ran right out to the car. We must have looked stupid. We listened on the radio (out of Tri-Cities).”

All this leads to the question of whether Tom is ready to walk away from Prosser football and move to Boise. His other son, Kirby, has committed to Boise State and will join Kellen on the Broncos roster in August.

“I don’t know how much (they) would be in favor of that,” Tom said. “It would be nice for their mom and I. I think they would like us 4 1/2 hours away.”

Said Kellen: “I don’t think they’re really in that big of a rush to get down here. My dad would probably be around me a lot if he moved down here real quick. He needs to keep coaching and doing that stuff to keep him busy.”

Tom, a former junior college quarterback in Illinois, says he has heard from people all over the country this year who have spotted his son playing for the Broncos.

“There is a Bronco Nation,” he said. “I get e-mails and texts from guys all over the country, guys I haven’t seen in 25 years. They say, ‘I’m sitting at home watching Boise State play.’ A guy I played with in high school said he was having a Boise State party in Florida. … My sister works in the Sears Tower in Chicago and she wears Bronco stuff all the time. When she’s walking down the street, people yell, ‘Go Broncos!’

“It’s a very chic team. There’s like a cult following.”

'Twas a very good game to watch! I know a few Vandals that were happy at the outcome...

Here's to hoping that the eve of Jesus's B-Day isn't too bad on the Irish tonight!

Did mine yesterday as usual. Me and the wife buy our own. I got a new meat grinder, and she got herself a new Parrot (better be fricking quite or it will be a dead bird) but I still just got her a little something, a MP3 player. She bought all the stuff for the kid this year.
Oak, Probably too late, but if she doesn't have an MP3 player they make good gifts.

Back