Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Christmas Confessions

I eat cookies and pie for breakfast, then tell the kid and wife they have to have something healthy for breakfast, to offset all the junk they eat during the day.

Just another plus of being the first one up in the morning :)

Last edited:
I started a spreadsheet to outline where I will buy preference points for my kids. I'm also shopping for rifles for my Christmas present so I can hand down what I already have.

My wife knows none of this, and we don't have kids (yet).

24 continuous hours of this sled is an unfortunate plight on our Christmas season. The hackneyed quotables from this film fail to move the needle on the humor scale and Ralphie is not endearing.

For my money, it's "Home Alone" for the Christmas' win. Also, other Christmas movies that are better than "A Christmas Story":
- "The Nightmare Before Christmas"
- "Scrooged"
- "Gremlins"
- "Batman Returns"
- "Home Alone 2"
- "The Muppet Christmas Carol"
- Anything on the Hallmark channel

I say GOOD DAY SIR!

I've never really considered A Christmas Story to be all that Christmasy. But I love it. I can see myself in Ralphie so much its scary. That movie captures the secret world of boys better than any other that I'm aware of.

Also when I was about that age I begged my folks for a Red Rider. They never let on, and when I actually got it for Christmas, I just about shat myself with surprise. I can relate to so many things in that movie, but yeah, it ain't Rudolph.

I think the "Christmas" movie I really don't get is Its a Wonderful Life. It doesn't do much for me.

Every year I find myself wanting to make a home for all the misfit toys from Island of Misfit Toys. Almost moves me to tears when Santa and Rupholph come back for them in the end. Silly... I know.

And I had Cold Smoke and a cinnamon roll for breakfast this year.

I let me kids eat whatever they want pretty much all day. It's the only day a year they eat candy for breakfast.

I can't believe no one else seems to think Christmas Vacation is not only the best Christmas movie, but one of the best movies of all times. But maybe we're just the "jolliest bunch of @ssholes this side of the nuthouse".

Last edited:
I miss my late grandmother's fruitcake. It was a labor of love, and alcohol, that started in october.

I thought the whole ‘it is better to give than to receive’ thing was BS until I had kids. My two and a half year old absolutely vibrated with joy over the PJ Masks big-girl bed we got her. That was cool.

Also, Christmas Vacation is the Christmas movie winner, hands down.

Cush, when you’re baking; sometime in the future, hopefully a long ways off. Cut a slice for me. I’d rather have those memories than any gifts.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back