Christmas Confessions

Ben Lamb

We all have a dirty secret that we keep around Christmas. Whether it's your ugly sweater collection, your never-ending love of Neil Diamond's "Little Drummer Boy," your inability to keep a dry eye when George Bailey finally realizes what being wealthy means, or your burning need to out-compete Clark Griswold when it comes to exterior illumination.

We all have those dirty secrets, those little Christmas foibles that drive our families crazy and that we try to keep hidden throughout the rest of the year. Those dark desires that surface when the yule log gets lit and the mistletoe hangs over the entryway. Now is time to own up to those.

I'll start.

I shot a 6.5 manbun with a dial-a-dope scope, and I liked it. I liked it a lot.

Your turn.

I still enjoy getting underwear for Christmas every year, now its $23 a pair instead of the 6 for $6 whitey tighties Mother always got us.

I get misted up every time Darren McGavin watches Ralphie unwrap that Daisy 1938 Red Ryder.

We watch the "Nativity Story" and I my eyes leak at the end when the wisemen arrive and realize who has been born.

I eat pie for breakfast at least once during Christmas week. Am staring at banana cream, apple crumb and pecan as I type this. I also hunt on private land some years.

I still believe in Santa but its ok because at 57 its marginal.

Every year I pretend that i'm going to stick to a healthy diet and workout schedule from Thanksgiving-New Year's, but really I know it's a lost cause and that I'm going to gain at least 10 lbs that I will have to beat back over the rest of the winter. A platter of cookies from my Grandma just arrived in the mail on Monday, who could say no to that and hurt Grandma's feelings?

We all have a dirty secret that we keep around Christmas. Whether it's your ugly sweater collection, your never-ending love of Neil Diamond's "Little Drummer Boy," your inability to keep a dry eye when George Bailey finally realizes what being wealthy means, or your burning need to out-compete Clark Griswold when it comes to exterior illumination.

We all have those dirty secrets, those little Christmas foibles that drive our families crazy and that we try to keep hidden throughout the rest of the year. Those dark desires that surface when the yule log gets lit and the mistletoe hangs over the entryway. Now is time to own up to those.

I'll start.

I shot a 6.5 manbun with a dial-a-dope scope, and I liked it. I liked it a lot.

Your turn.

Not sure an ugly sweater collection actually qualifies as a "dark desire". But whatever.
here's to ya....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KaWSOlASWc

Oh, using the outdoor recreational areas Christmas morning with the dog off the leash cuz we have the place to ourselves.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back