Christmas Confessions

When Santa finally got around to laying out the stockings and surveying the milk and cookies left out, the milk had reached room temperature and was not to Santa's liking. It was dumped out in the sink and replaced with moderately priced bourbon.

I almost cancelled Christmas when my son in full stealth mode (normally I can hear him get out of bed or walk down the hallway and I can prepare for an 8 year old flying onto the bed) slapped on the light and simultaneously said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM" delivering a shock to my system that could only rival that of a grouse flushing at 5 feet while hunting thick timber for bear in grizzly country. He'll never know how close he was to me telling him Santa doesn't exist.

Seems like Christmas Emotion is either disappointment that it doesn't measure up to the Hallmark movies or feeling like I don't deserve all the joy of the season.

We watch Blazing Saddles every year as after prime rib brunch. That’s as Christmas as anything

We watch Blazing Saddles every year as after prime rib brunch. That’s as Christmas as anything

Amen! What a classic and yet I cannot believe the left wing-nuts have not banned it yet because it has offended folks. Heck I think it offends everyone, that's why it's so loved. It takes a crack at everyone!

"...that might be the hardest working dog in show bidness"
I may be off base, but me thinks (keeping with the xmas cheer) you're a sly one Mr. Grinch;)

Excuse me while I whip this out,...my 12ga. X-Mas morning at the Fam Damily Reunion huntin' Quail in between the rows of harvested corn.:cool:

I may or may not drink Bailey’s at 7AM during the Christmas season. Depends on if Finn has a hunt scheduled.

I normally don't eat much in the way of sweets, but at Christmas my wife cranks out at least 3 large pans of brownies and I seem to find a lot of reasons to cruise through the kitchen at all hours.

I've gained three pounds in as many days as a result.

Seems like Christmas Emotion is either disappointment that it doesn't measure up to the Hallmark movies or feeling like I don't deserve all the joy of the season.

A little of this but with a big chunk of "I really would prefer to be out in the woods by myself all day"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back