PEAX Equipment

"China bans trade, eating of wild animals in battle against coronavirus"

I'm not sure I understand the connection between reading more books and this topic; can you elaborate?

Rather than regurgitate a number of facts about the source of the virus, I'll encourage you to spend a moment educating yourself instead of searching for insulting memes.

Post #2. Spillover is a much more entertaining read than back issues of Nature though both will get you to the same point.

I attend a lecture by Quammen at MSU as a guest of my wife who was getting her Master's in Microbiology there and was taking a course on Epidemiology. Hence my recommendation to Randy.

The conspiracy theory comes from Steven Mosher who works at an Anti-China lobbying group.... maybe just a skosh of conflict of interest. Similar conspiracy theories surrounded Ebola, SARS, MERS and even Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

Also influenza would be a dumb disease to weaponize, case in point (@vanish see what I did there) our current situation, Low rate of fatality and way too contagious, you want something that is virulent but not particularly contagious, e.g. Ebola, Anthrax.

On this theory

"The conspiracy theory lacks evidence and has been dismissed by scientists. But it has gained an audience with the help of well-connected critics of the Chinese government such as Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist. And on Sunday, it got its biggest public boost yet."

"Vipin Narang, associate professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, also told The Post it was "a skip in logic to say it's a bioweapon" or claim China "developed and intentionally deployed, or even unintentionally deployed" the virus.
"I don't think it's particularly helpful, and it's borderline irresponsible to — and it's without evidence, so at this point it's a conspiracy theory — peddle it," he told the newspaper. "

"A group of 27 prominent public health scientists from outside China is pushing back against a steady stream of stories and even a scientific paper suggesting a laboratory in Wuhan, China, may be the origin of the outbreak of COVID-19. “The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins,” the scientists, from nine countries, write in a statement published online by The Lancet yesterday."

"Evidence suggests the virus likely spilled over to humans from an as-yet-unidentified animal, as has happened in the past for other coronaviruses. The SARS virus, for instance, is thought to have come from bats, and then spread to humans through civets, a cat-like animal eaten as a delicacy in Asia. The SARS virus then proved to be transmissible from person to person.
A similar story played out in 2012 with the virus responsible for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS, which may also have originated in bats, and then spread to humans via camel."

Post #2. Spillover is a much more entertaining read than back issues of Nature though both will get you to the same point.

I attend a lecture by Quammen at MSU as a guest of my wife who was getting her Master's in Microbiology there and was taking a course on Epidemiology. Hence my recommendation to Randy.

The conspiracy theory comes from Steven Mosher who works at an Anti-China lobbying group.... maybe just a skosh of conflict of interest. Similar conspiracy theories surrounded Ebola, SARS, MERS and even Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

Also influenza would be a dumb disease to weaponize, case in point (@vanish see what I did there) our current situation, Low rate of fatality and way too contagious, you want something that is virulent but not particularly contagious, e.g. Ebola, Anthrax.

On this theory

"The conspiracy theory lacks evidence and has been dismissed by scientists. But it has gained an audience with the help of well-connected critics of the Chinese government such as Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist. And on Sunday, it got its biggest public boost yet."

"Vipin Narang, associate professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, also told The Post it was "a skip in logic to say it's a bioweapon" or claim China "developed and intentionally deployed, or even unintentionally deployed" the virus.
"I don't think it's particularly helpful, and it's borderline irresponsible to — and it's without evidence, so at this point it's a conspiracy theory — peddle it," he told the newspaper. "

"A group of 27 prominent public health scientists from outside China is pushing back against a steady stream of stories and even a scientific paper suggesting a laboratory in Wuhan, China, may be the origin of the outbreak of COVID-19. “The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins,” the scientists, from nine countries, write in a statement published online by The Lancet yesterday."

"Evidence suggests the virus likely spilled over to humans from an as-yet-unidentified animal, as has happened in the past for other coronaviruses. The SARS virus, for instance, is thought to have come from bats, and then spread to humans through civets, a cat-like animal eaten as a delicacy in Asia. The SARS virus then proved to be transmissible from person to person.
A similar story played out in 2012 with the virus responsible for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS, which may also have originated in bats, and then spread to humans via camel."

All opinions, but good for you for taking the time to research and think critically. That's more than most.

My college roommate works for the CDC, my sister works in public health for UMich in Africa, and my wife is a doctor.

I ride around on the shoulders of some ladies that are way smarter than me... all I have to offer are google searches and meme's

;)

We all have to contribute something. My apologies for taking this conversation way off track. 😷

All opinions,...
But not all opinions are equal. That should be your takeaway here.

The disease might not be as bad as the cure. China's attempt to contain the spread has seized up global supply chains. Companies are burning though inventories right now, so we don't hear about a material impact. However, if production doesn't start back up to full speed relatively quickly, the global economy is going to get toasted.

But not all opinions are equal. That should be your takeaway here.

The disease might not be as bad as the cure. China's attempt to contain the spread has seized up global supply chains. Companies are burning though inventories right now, so we don't hear about a material impact. However, if production doesn't start back up to full speed relatively quickly, the global economy is going to get toasted.

Perhaps, and maybe I should have kept mine to myself, since there's no sense in debating opinions.

You touch on a point more important than the origin of the virus. Again, just opinion, but there are some who believe that this is purely market/economy manipulation. Fear and worry create negativity. If history is any indication, this could be another staged distraction.

That's all I'll say. Just wanted to clear the air. This is a hunting forum, after all, so again, my apologies for the distraction.

Perhaps, and maybe I should have kept mine to myself, since there's no sense in debating opinions.

You touch on a point more important than the origin of the virus. Again, just opinion, but there are some who believe that this is purely market/economy manipulation. Fear and worry create negativity. If history is any indication, this could be another staged distraction.

That's all I'll say. Just wanted to clear the air. This is a hunting forum, after all, so again, my apologies for the distraction.
Opinions are great. Opinions stated as fact by people who know they have a platform are not. Those opinions perpetuated, and even fueled by politicians are just plain dangerous. To your point, you can be sure that our "opponents" are paying more attention to how we spread misinformation than how the virus spreads. The later is easy to figure out and was known weeks ago. This virus will hurt the China economy more than the US, but because of how interwoven the global economy is now, everyone will be impacted. What we don't know is how much. The US market down 6% in two days reflects that.

Back on topic, China allowed the wildlife trade to flourish because the people wanted it, and even communism needs support from the masses to survive. Now we will see if they can enforce the rules. You have to guess it will be a benefit to wildlife regardless.

You should also worry that Mr.Trump is cutting the CDC's budget. These diseases are becoming more common in today's global climate

• Haha
Reactions: LCH
I was talking to my dad about this. He was telling me he saw something on the news that it game from a specific mammal that looks like a raccoon in china. Cook your freakin meat correctly People!

Disclaimer: I could also be full of $h!t. This did come from an american news source after all. We all know how truthful that stuff can be :D

I was talking to my dad about this. He was telling me he saw something on the news that it game from a specific mammal that looks like a raccoon in china. Cook your freakin meat correctly People!

Disclaimer: I could also be full of $h!t. This did come from an american news source after all. We all know how truthful that stuff can be :D
It is an airborne virus, but what kind of barbarian eats raccoon well done?

Reactions: KB_
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) was the first pandemic transmissible disease of previously unknown aetiology in the twenty-first century. Early epidemiologic investigations suggested an animal origin for SARS-CoV. Virological and serological studies indicated that masked palm civets ( Paguma larvata ), together with two other wildlife animals, sampled from a live animal market were infected with SARS-CoV or a closely related virus. Recently, horseshoe bats in the genus Rhinolophus have been identified as natural reservoir of SARS-like coronaviruses. Here, we review studies by different groups demonstrating that SARS-CoV succeeded in spillover from a wildlife reservoir (probably bats) to human population via an intermediate host(s) and that rapid virus evolution played a key role in the adaptation of SARS-CoVs in at least two nonreservoir species within a short period.

It is an airborne virus, but what kind of barbarian eats raccoon well done?
lol omg that is funny.

From what I heard...again this is just rumor, im likely full of $h!t. that it originated from that mammal after it was eaten raw, then mutated somehow in humans and became airborne. I'm not an expert at all in this area by the way, thats just what I heard. regardless, maybe not eat that thing raw?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back