Yeti GOBOX Collection

"China bans trade, eating of wild animals in battle against coronavirus"

You should also worry that Mr.Trump is cutting the CDC's budget. These diseases are becoming more common in today's global climate

Come on. More prevalent?

I'm no trumper, but really?

This is the overhype that is both not supported in fact, nor relevant.

Now this makes sense why the campaign would have put this out. Might have to rethink my opposition to the tangerine toddler.

1582662909932.png

Perhaps, and maybe I should have kept mine to myself, since there's no sense in debating opinions.

You touch on a point more important than the origin of the virus. Again, just opinion, but there are some who believe that this is purely market/economy manipulation. Fear and worry create negativity. If history is any indication, this could be another staged distraction.

That's all I'll say. Just wanted to clear the air. This is a hunting forum, after all, so again, my apologies for the distraction.

LF Wang et al. were studying spillover of SARS-CoV (coronavirus) from Civets (with bats as the reservoir) as early as 2002.

Quammen's book came out in 2012.

Point being we have been worried about this specific issue, Civets in market's in China causing an outbreak of coronavirus for almost 20 years, which is why I was incredulous of your post from the get go.

Like I said I'm not an expert or anything close to it... but I have been having dinner conversations about something like this happening for almost a decade.

These initially far away diseases often seem distant and unlikely to impact us. I’m currently enjoying (yet another) great beer in Denmark. My trip this week was supposed to be 1/2 deciding how to start a new plant in Denmark and 1/2 visiting a vendor in Milan. Turns out we’ve had to cancel our Milan visit from the exploding Coronavirus cases there, including infection risk, risk we couldn’t get out of the country, and risk we’d be quarantined post-return. These risks really hit you when you have a very young kid at home. We are also close to running out of inventory from China’s issues. Everyone is slightly freaking out as it is a huge test for the open-borders EU.
If you haven’t already, my stock advice is sell, sell, sell then buy, buy, buy. I predict this will hit US shores soon in an expansionary way, and be slow to stop.

I thought they'd identified it as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin

Which according to nat geo is the most trafficked animal on the planet (I think, I got lazy and didn't want to actually look it up).

Starting to get past my knowledge here, but I believe bats are the reservoir and then another critter are the amplifier host... historically civets were the species studied by epidemiologists with regard to coronavirus, I have seen articles mentioning pangolins with this strain. Pigs, horses, cows, mongoose, monkeys, as well as a ton of other species can be amplifiers.

Cross species infection keeps epidemiologists up at night. Makes me shake my head when I read the dismissive ignorance on display from hunters on issue like CWD
Spot on. I was thinking of going back and pulling up the responses from WY questionnaire on CWD and see if anyone wants to change their answer. 😀

Spot on. I was thinking of going back and pulling up the responses from WY questionnaire on CWD and see if anyone wants to change their answer. 😀

you don’t even need to go that far. Look at the comments from blow hards on here in recent CWD treads.
Everything is joke until one day it isn’. History is full of one days.

My wife works for NIH, and refers to Dr Anthony Fauci, the head of NIAID as the big boss. You may have heard of him, he's been on a lot of media regarding the Coronavirus lately and is a smart and savvy man.

He routinely informs the rank and file that funding for NIAID has been solid under all administrations, even under Trump. Amazingly sad how everyone likes to try to politicize everything.

At any rate, the coronavirus is here in the Bitterroot, and a lot people around country and around the world are working overtime on it right now.

China's version of the CDC released this about a week ago. I suppose you could be skeptical but I don't see much reason they would lie about rates. No doubt the N has changed but I bet the percentages are similar, and I wonder how much China's medical system figures into this.

For me it kind of puts things in perspective. This disease is far more dangerous to the old than the young.

1582726892754.png

China's version of the CDC released this about a week ago. I suppose you could be skeptical but I don't see much reason they would lie about rates. No doubt the N has changed but I bet the percentages are similar, and I wonder how much China's medical system figures into this.

For me it kind of puts things in perspective. This disease is far more dangerous to the old than the young.

View attachment 129234

hmmmmm well I guess the upside of corona is that my odds at a sheep tag might improve.

View attachment 129234

One thing to consider is in China over 60% of men are smokers.

Stuff like this often makes me think that some unseen guiding force in the universe is trying to get us, the collective all of us, to take seriously the need to take care of this place and its flora and fauna. Not only disease but hell even the dove population in Texas disappeared more than ever could be thought! I'm saying this all tongue in check, but ….. wondering ….

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back