Caribou Gear

Chili

Since you have given in and joined the ''Recipe conversation'' I'm wondering if you can offer up any suggestions on this topic? I've really been battling dry skin lately,any tips?;)

Ummmm....lotion?

Randy, thanks for sharing. These cold days always make chili sound good. Enchilada recipes anyone??

It takes a confident man to publicly allude to roux. I like your recipe Randy.

Since you have given in and joined the ''Recipe conversation'' I'm wondering if you can offer up any suggestions on this topic? I've really been battling dry skin lately,any tips?;)

Bag balm! Go directly to the moist cargo, on the underneath part. (taint region) Get a little goodness on the tip of your finger a liberally apply to dry area.:D

My red recipe is similar to yours, sub bell pepper for green chilies and no chick peas.

I prefer white and green chili a bit more.

My green chili is pretty simple, good or bad, I eat enough of it to kill a small child:
-One large yellow onion diced
-10-15 medium roasted green chilies or (2-3 small cans whole chilies, diced). usually about 1-1.5 cups. I prefer mild chilies, they get hotter the long your cook them. Fresh roasted is best if you can find them.
-1.5-2lbs burger, your choice
-6-8 garlic cloves
-4+ cups chicken stock
-can of sweet corn (or frozen equivalent)
-can of hominy
-salt/pepper to taste
brown burger, with salt/pepper, drain, remove from pan, set aside
Add onion, garlic and chilies in a dab of bacon grease (or butter), to the burger pan/pot. cook till onions are translucent. Deglaze with chicken stock, add remaining ingredients, heat thoroughly.

Serve with corn chips or tortillas.

White Chili is similar, sub chicken/grouse for burger, sub navy beans for corn/hominy, add half and half, or heavy whipping cream.

..that's like buying canned salsa from New Yawk City....get a rope.:D

I am gonna try the cocoa though.;)
I just knew someone would throw a jab or two....thanks Ken...you need to embrace the bean...its your friend. I have a really good recipe and it does include cocoa...you might want to try it. I use some beef stock but make my own.......also add some mexican oregano as well...you might like the results.....:cool:

17 below zero today..... chilli sound like a great idea.... microwaves were invented to defrost venison when the need arises. Chili, sausage, tacos, spaghetti, pot roast made with the steak trimmings.... dang it's 9 AM and I'm hungry for dinner..... you guys are bad!!!! And soooo good..... :)!!

Randy, did some today, used Roe Deer Venison, chick peas worked great, used 1/2 bottle ale and some chocolate.
Awesome, me and the boy went back for seconds, sadly made it too spicy for the wife so we will freeze the rest.
Cheers
Richard

Randy, did some today, used Roe Deer Venison, chick peas worked great, used 1/2 bottle ale and some chocolate.
Awesome, me and the boy went back for seconds, sadly made it too spicy for the wife so we will freeze the rest.
Cheers
Richard

Awesome. I need to make myself follow a recipe or else I end up getting carried and spicing my wife out also.

Bambistew's green chili recipe is on deck for me.

I would post Mrs. Fin's chili recipe, but sharing such long-crafted secrets could get me in trouble.

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/recipes/ :D

Now if we can work the antelope lasagna recipe out of you we'll be all set.

Personally I don't really use a chili recipe. That's part of the beauty of chili in my opinion, basically I just work with available ingredients.

I do prefer ground meat to stew meat and have been adding a bit of curry powder to mine lately.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back