Cheer me up boys…

Heal fast. I may be in the same boat, have an MRI on an already-repaired knee tomorrow.

I previously had knee surgery when I was 11 to repair a traumatic tibial tubercle avulsion. Maybe they'll give you this rad knee brace thing that attaches to a cooler full of ice-cold water and pumps it around your knee all day. Was really fun carrying that thing around with me in 6th grade.

As others have said...PT! PT has solved so many other orthopedic issues for me over the years...and I'm not even 40 yet. I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Maybe they'll give you this rad knee brace thing that attaches to a cooler full of ice-cold water and pumps it around your knee all day.
The ice machine is a given. It's a gift from above! The new ones are self-contained and rechill their own liquid. No need to drain and refill with ice.

And at least you didn't draw any special tags this year. I know soooooooo many people who drew trophy deer or moose or sheep tags and then got back or knee or hip injuries that kept them from hunting...

Right about now your body is asking WTF? These 1st days are bad but they don't last. You are making the down payment on improved life w new knee, and will be enjoying the benefits in weeks and months to come. Hope it is tolerable, and that you are being treated like recovering royalty.

8F6165F2-C709-4977-9611-D011988CD5CF.jpeg
Back at the house and on ice. The highlight reel:

First surgery of the day, and ended up going in an hour and a half late as there was a birthday party for one of the nursing staff going on in the next room? I mean, have fun at work and stuff but still? Also a tough day for IV sticks, though that probably is more on me than them. 3 stars.

Very happy with the surgeon. Seemed meticulous and thorough, as was my impression the first time I met him. Said he had a little trouble finding a graft “my size” and from a younger donor, but said he is very pleased with the one he ended up getting and it should settle in nicely. I had not thought about either of these things but made sense when he explained it. 5 stars.

He cursed my “tiny knees”, which required an extra incision because he just couldn’t quite maneuver the way he needed to. But I had scars already so whatevs. 🤷🏻‍♀️

The nerve block sucked, and the injection sites from those are currently the most painful things. I know, I know, it is saving my a lot of pain here the first day. But that’s a big effing needle and that shit burns. 1 star because I’m still sensitive about it.

Anesthesiologists were great though. 5 stars.

Meniscus flap was removed and I can bear weight immediately as tolerable, as long as STRAIGHT LEG and braced (his emphasis). I walked to the bathroom, albeit gingerly, right after I woke up. Probably won’t be doing much of that the next day or two but still. He said younger patients with similar surgery are typically jogging on the treadmill at 6 weeks, but I would probably not quite be there yet. But I would think I should be back on the elliptical and walking around by then. 4 stars cuz I’m not a young patient.

Antelope opens in 7 weeks…🤔

@JohnCushman Sorry, there are no midget sightings to report.

@BigHornRam Hope Sara comes out good as new! 🐾 Which one is she?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back