Caribou Gear Tarp

Changing Colors........part II

Love posts like this. I have 3 kids, ages 1.5 to 4, and they are all in for hunting. I am planning on getting the out there to have experiences like this. Turkey this spring, and antelope next year to ease them into it. Congrats to you and yours.

Great read guys and a super effort for the young guy to not put any new dents in the truck when he had a drive!

Cannot beat creating memories with the kids in the outdoors..

Great read guys and a super effort for the young guy to not put any new dents in the truck when he had a drive!

Cannot beat creating memories with the kids in the outdoors..

I could care less about dents in my truck, I can't believe I let a boy drive my truck with my daughter in the vehicle. He's lucky he didn't get shot for me allowing him to be alone with her in a rig ;)

Nice.Job.Dad!

I agree wholeheartedly on how narrow the window of opportunity is. My oldest is juggling much like yours is. She didn't hunt when she was younger, of her own choice. Now she wants to, and it is SO hard to make the stars line up.

My middle one is rapidly approaching the same level of business, and I'm trying to maximize all the opportunities we can while she is still able to play hooky.

My youngest will take hunter ed this winter, she's absolutely dying to go hunting.

Those smiles in your pictures are just beyond awesome.

3 girls! Congrats. Not many of us can bat 1000 like that. I told my wife once that if I were a bull, I'd be a prize million dollar bull since I only throw heifers. :eek: Brings back bad memories. I'll just stop my story there...............:mad:

Love posts like this. I have 3 kids, ages 1.5 to 4, and they are all in for hunting. I am planning on getting the out there to have experiences like this. Turkey this spring, and antelope next year to ease them into it. Congrats to you and yours.

........and fishing, and upland birds, and hiking, and camping, and rolling rocks down the mountain, and anything else you can do to get them outside. Sounds like you're doing a great job. Keep at it. It's lots easier when they're younger and get that fire stoked!

I think I want too move too WY.... :) for both my kids and myself.... but I can't say too much Idaho is pretty good, when my daughter turns 9 in Apr. she will be off too start hunters safety then bow ed. during the summer hopefully, she is pretty excited, congrats too her filling the freezer and for a dad who cares about the future of there children and hunting.
Matt

I grew up in Idaho and still love the Gem State. Lots of opportunities there as well. Just a few too many people for my blood. Good luck with your daughter!

Awesome !!!!! The rifle is nearly as big as she is......but her smile is Global !!
Might be bigger. She's less than 70 pounds shooting my 300 Win Mag. :eek:
I should be flogged as a father but it REALLY does kick less than the .243 Browning A-Bolt Micro I have for them. She shoots it really good at the range and apparently in the hills. Kevin Weaver (Weaver Rifles) out of Peyton, Colorado did an awesome build. My 3 daughters have harvested 14 animals with it the last 4 years. Love it.

Thanks everyone. We still have a good bull tag for daughter # 2, a cow (and maybe a bull) tag for Ashton, and a couple in my pocket that I could care less about at this point. :D
-Cade

You are EXACTLY the type of father kids need. Your all about then and their success which is just awesome!
The smiles and desire to hunt those kids have is what all us parents of young kids hope we can instill in our children!
Great Job!

Congratulations to you and your herd, way to get them out there. I'll be doing the same this opening weekend.

The smiles on their faces says it all, well done. Hats off to you for taking the boy with you.

Throw in a late-season Wyoming cow (calf) and her Wyo tri-fecta is complete for her first season. Had been seeing a little bunch of elk every day for a week and a half traveling back and forth to work. Monday night they were in a pretty good spot for us to get at them. Took her out of school Tuesday morning and they elk cooperated nicely. 2nd hour started at 9:10 and I signed her in to school at 9:11. Pretty efficient morning.

1-200 yard shot at sunrise dropped this calf in its tracks.
Ashton.jpg

Ashton1.jpg

Wore her school clothes under the snow pants. That meant dad had to gut it so she didn't smell like wapiti all day at school. I should have had her field dress it to see if that would help keep the boys away.............
Ashton2.jpg

I hope everyone has a great New Year and the tag draws smile upon you. I'm excited to see what the new season brings!
-Cade

Love it, especially wearing snow pants over her school clothes!

Now that's getting it done and only missed one class! Congrats to the young lady and all the parents getting these kids outdoors!

LOVE it!!
Congrats! Way to go, Dad!
Thanks Festus. Appreciated the Word this morning.

Will you be my dad too? :D Way to go, young lady! You're doing it right, dude!!
No! You can grow more facial hair in 2 weeks than I can in 2 months. We might look awkward together. :p

Man, nice job. This thread is inspirational.
Thanks TRS. I love getting my kids out in the hills. I'm realizing how quick that time is slipping.
Go look at a couple of Festus's "Wednesday's Word" posts for some true inspiration (IMO)!

-Cade

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back