Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Caution Warning: Racism #huntingwhileblack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that people should have to prove their reality constantly, but yes. This BS happens whether people want to believe it or not. Just because some people don’t have to deal with things like this first hand doesn’t mean it’s all peaches and rainbows all the time for everyone else.

Again, what has happened to basic human decency in this country?

If we were to say it is fake, although it is not, but for the heck of it say it is...that doesn't erase the fact that these sort of things unfortunately still happen to people, including fellow outdoorsman.

So you are saying your are lying shit and we should respect you for this.

'You are are a lying shit
It's called playing devils advocate my friend, plus I clearly noted "although it is not" fake. I really couldn't care less if you respect me or not but you seem to be proving the point that all upstanding hunters should not be subject to any malice from fellow outdoorsman.

I don't know the one brother but Janis Putelis seems like a solid guy. He is the executive producer for the MeatEater show. I've been watching him for years. Personally, I would be surprised if he posted a bogus video. I don't know him personally so I can't confirm or refute that statement.

Who knows if the video is legit? Sometimes our strong opinions want it to be, or want it not to be.

For me, I’ve witnessed so many times of outdoorsmen expressing racism that I know it’s a real issue Regardless of a video. I’m becoming more interested lately in how I can become more active in addressing this.

Could it be fake, yes!
Could be real, also yes!

I am growing tired of being beat over the head with “white man bad”. If that neighbor is really that hateful that is sad, who has that much time?Either way it’s more of an individual with the problem then the entire hunting Industry being racist.

Also I wouldn’t believe 80% of what you see on Instagram. I don’t care who posts it.

So you are saying your are lying shit and we should respect you for this.

'You are are a lying shit
If you don’t believe stuff like this happens in this world, go sit in the home crowd at a high school basketball game and listen to adults hurl insults at kids that traveled from a Reservation town in Eastern Montana. It happens and is more common than any of us realize.

If you don’t believe stuff like this happens in this world, go sit in the home crowd at a high school basketball game and listen to adults hurl insults at kids that traveled from a Reservation town in Eastern Montana. It happens and is more common than any of us realize.
Sad truth right there. Just kids playing ball

A few years ago I was hunting in my home state. My hunting partner from CA came up. We used his truck for the trip.

I was appalled at the reception we received when passing other vehicles on the forest roads from my home state. In my truck with my home plates everyone waves or smiles. My fellow hunters wouldn't even look at us. We would wave in passing NO response. We pulled over for two ranchers for a good 5-7 minutes, one on a horse and another in a ATV for their cattle drive, waved as they passed us, they basically looked the other way. We pulled over to let another vehicle pass, as this hunter passes, he loudly says "F&^%$#@ Californians."

I haven't experienced a lot of prejudice in my life but on this trip it was palpable. Needless to say it was a very uncomfortable feeling. This experience changed my perspective when I hear about the story from the OP. I'm sure what he and anyone in this situation feels is 10x more than what I experienced.
I remember my college roommate (a native Montanan), having the same experience when I drove us up a Montana trout stream, years ago. My car had New York plates and by the time we reached the upper waters we were headed for, he was all hot and bothered at all the dickheads who wouldn't wave, etc. when they passed us on that narrow dirt road. 😅

I don't think its a "hunting community'' thing as much as a select few redneck a$$holes . I'm from ca I'm not your typical liberal ca resident . I'm a conservative and Mexican and I have never felt any disrespect for being a nonwhite hunter. I do feel like there is a select few jack asses that make all of us look like jerks and thats what this poor dude is dealing with . I go cross country every year to hunt and I am always treated very well . So well in fact I wish I could move to Montana . This stuff is wrong and its not cool .

P.s. I should add that a gal in Billings (uber driver) recommended us to slap some mud on our license plate so its not so easy to see we're Californians . Shes actually said some people think everyone is the same in each state which is not true for Ca or Mt .

It happens in society and it happens in our hunting and fishing community. It should be called out whenever we see it. I've overheard it in bars in other states, I've heard it in big goose blinds, I've seen it online in CA hunting groups.

I see it a lot with tribal members, both in gov't buildings and in the field.

If you're tired of the idea that white people are racist, go do something to prove that false. It is false, after all. We can either be kind & thoughtful, or fall back in to easy camps that close ourselves off from all reality and stick to our bubble of comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back