Caribou Gear Tarp

Caution Warning: Racism #huntingwhileblack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runnin_Chupacabra

I'll be honest, kinda worn out of some of the BLM stuff, and expected some repeat of everything we've been hearing. This is total bullshit, and saddens me that a fellow hunter, human, American has to deal with this shit.
It wasn't what I expected either and I couldn't agree with you more as a fellow outdoorsman and human being.

I totally agree. This stuff needs to stop. We, as hunters, have enough problems with the anti hunters. No one needs to be in fear of their life while they are hunting because of the color of their skin.
Hopefully it will be reported to the police, although not sure what the perpetrators could be charged with. Hope this gets resolved.

If I see another hunter I see them as my brother/sister. I know right away we have a lot in common.

This isn't BLM propaganda.

This is an outdoorsman trying to do what we all love to do. Furthermore, this person is a first responder, and if this first responder is called to this person's house he has to show up and provide care and put all biases aside. Strong dude!

Hope he tags a monster this season.

No other hunter in the same basin as me is my friend

but they are certainly a human on equal footing, with every right to be there, deserving just as much respect as anyone, no matter their background race religion etc

A few years ago I was hunting in my home state. My hunting partner from CA came up. We used his truck for the trip.

I was appalled at the reception we received when passing other vehicles on the forest roads from my home state. In my truck with my home plates everyone waves or smiles. My fellow hunters wouldn't even look at us. We would wave in passing NO response. We pulled over for two ranchers for a good 5-7 minutes, one on a horse and another in a ATV for their cattle drive, waved as they passed us, they basically looked the other way. We pulled over to let another vehicle pass, as this hunter passes, he loudly says "F&^%$#@ Californians."

I haven't experienced a lot of prejudice in my life but on this trip it was palpable. Needless to say it was a very uncomfortable feeling. This experience changed my perspective when I hear about the story from the OP. I'm sure what he and anyone in this situation feels is 10x more than what I experienced.

Last edited:
Such crap :( I always encouraged ALL of my soldiers of ALL descriptions to find something in the outdoors (especially hunting) that can bring them peace and joy. Helping and meeting folks from groups (race, sex etc) that are not the "usual" in the field warms my heart because I think we are all better when we expand the community and share the lifestyle.

That’s pitiful. It is infuriating.

I am usually a fairly non-violent person but some people really do deserve a good old fashioned ass whooping. The people harassing that fellow fall into that category in my book.

Messed up stuff. Nobody deserves that. Thankfully, most outdoorsmen are not like that and it is up to us to stand up to those who haven't learned the golden rule.

The Instagram is a total lie. I can cry for the camera and lie also. Not the truth. Why bring in an undocumented Instagram without verification. Total lie!@

Anymore with all the lying and people acting out for attention, I have a hard time believing things like this.

If its true, then it is indeed very sad. If it isn't true, well, I'll let you make up your mind on that.

The Instagram is a total lie. I can cry for the camera and lie also. Not the truth. Why bring in an undocumented Instagram without verification. Total lie!@
That Instagram account it run by a hunting clothing company, owned by the putellis brothers. Cut your Sh!t, even if the post was made up, I don’t believe it is, your adding to the problem.

Do you have proof that it isn't verifiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back