PEAX Equipment

Catalytic Converter Theft

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Gas prices are getting high enough they will soon be back to siphoning gas like they were a few years ago. Don't bother with a locking cap, that just causes them to puncture your tank or filler neck to get the precious gasoline.....

Had the wheels/tires stolen off my Dodge 2500 recently. Factory wheels, stock half worn tires. Was told Dodge's we're a popular target for wheel theft.....can't figure out why......

Need to figure out a way to make cats work without platinum and the price will go to shit.

Back when I was the Ops Mgr for our Utility we actually purchased platinum options years ahead of time to help lock the prices for the eventual replacement of our SCRs on our power plant. Try explaining that to a small town City Council 🤦🏼

Gas prices are getting high enough they will soon be back to siphoning gas like they were a few years ago. Don't bother with a locking cap, that just causes them to puncture your tank or filler neck to get the precious gasoline.....

Had the wheels/tires stolen off my Dodge 2500 recently. Factory wheels, stock half worn tires. Was told Dodge's we're a popular target for wheel theft.....can't figure out why......
I had five gallons siphoned out of my pickup about a month ago in front of my house. It was sometime between 4:30 when I got home from work and 9:00 when I moved it into the driveway. Not in the middle of the night. Couldn’t believe it. It’s happened to other vehicles on my block too.

Sucks about your wheels. That’s insane.

Yup. Lots of precious metals in them.
The scrap yards that buy these items are knowingly fueling more theft and drug addiction. The delta between what the meth head gets for your converter vs. your cost to have a repair shop replace is staggering. If there was not places to sell the converters without the seller having a license issued by the state saying you have a business reason to be walking around with a grocery cart full of converters hacked off by a sawzall...then no market.

The junk metal dealers are complicit and can smoke a turd in Hell. As can the politicians that whistle past the vehicles lined up to get their stolen converters replaced.

Had a employee a few years ago, would plow and before parking the truck he would top off his diesel pickup with my offroad fuel. I eventually filled the tank with water. He didn't make it home that night, fired him afterwards.

I'm not even sure I want to mention this in case we have a crack head member. But our big trucks are usually the only vehicles parked at the trailhead when we come back from our pack trip.

This shit has to stop.

Had a employee a few years ago, would plow and before parking the truck he would top off his diesel pickup with my offroad fuel. I eventually filled the tank with water. He didn't make it home that night, fired him afterwards.
Love stories like this one. I wonder how much your former employee had to pay to get his diesel truck running again.

Street justice is much more humorous, reinforcing, and timely than locking the deadbeats up in the county jail for a few days on taxpayers’ dime.

Keep up the good work, TheGrayRider!

This is rampant. I didn’t realize how much so until yesterday.

Happened in broad daylight at a park and ride lot.

View attachment 212664View attachment 212665View attachment 212666

Spent a good part of the afternoon on the phone with Allstate and my local shop. OE cats are on nationwide back order per Toyota.

I also ordered from Valhalla’s Shield. If you haven’t considered some sort of theft deterrent, you may want to. Our deductible is zero on this, if yours is 500 or more you are absolutely money ahead.

Back