Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Catalytic Converter Theft

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
My anti-theft device is not to have one on my vehicle. The problem with this is I'm stuck driving an old diesel truck around. I'm sitting on 230000 miles so hopefully it can survive a little longer. It really upsets me hearing all these stories of theft. Nowhere is immune to it these days.

This is really getting out of control. I run a couple of automotive shops, and we're seeing multiple vehicles a week with cats cut out. Most insurance companies won't spring for an OE part, so even aftermarket is becoming difficult to source. Toyotas are by far the favorite.

This is really getting out of control. I run a couple of automotive shops, and we're seeing multiple vehicles a week with cats cut out. Most insurance companies won't spring for an OE part, so even aftermarket is becoming difficult to source. Toyotas are by far the favorite.
Anyone know how to rig this to your cat with a tripwire?

1645147012359.jpeg

My old man was ice fishing a few days ago. When he tried to back out of his parking spot the van wouldn't move...and the wheels weren't spinning snow. He gets out and finds the front end of the rig lifted with a brand new jack. Tweekers must have seen him coming across the lake and bugged out. He called the cops who took the jack for prints. Residential park with plenty of traffic, not some remote lake.

Hang em high.

its pretty bad in the portland ore metro area,lots of methheads,,gotta watch where you park,,either your cat will be gone or they will steal the whole car.

For years we were getting copper stolen. They'd tear wire out of walls, melt extension cords, etc.

The scrap yard knew it too. Finally after hundreds of thousands in damage to new houses in the area, the police convinced the scrap yard to require ID.

Presto, overnight the problem died off.

My old man was ice fishing a few days ago. When he tried to back out of his parking spot the van wouldn't move...and the wheels weren't spinning snow. He gets out and finds the front end of the rig lifted with a brand new jack. Tweekers must have seen him coming across the lake and bugged out. He called the cops who took the jack for prints. Residential park with plenty of traffic, not some remote lake.

Hang em high.
The boat ramps are where it happens here. Especially early Spring when it's mainly fishermen out. They finally caught a couple of them after a few months.

Back