Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Catalytic Converter Theft

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
You'd think with the volume of these thefts occurring there has to be some stories of at least one jerk wad having a jack failure and getting stuck under a vehicle, or better yet seriously injured. I'm looking forward to reading one of those stories!

One of my employees was plowing a Ford dealership and the surveillance cameras showed the plow truck going by as the perps were removing. This was a fenced lot.

You'd think with the volume of these thefts occurring there has to be some stories of at least one jerk wad having a jack failure and getting stuck under a vehicle, or better yet seriously injured. I'm looking forward to reading one of those stories!

Was one right before Christmas.

So, if we go all electric, how much will stolen batteries be worth? Just curious, I have zero idea.

They got my Gen 1 Tundra several years ago during a pouring down rain night at a hotel. They only took the passenger side as the drivers side has a cross member over it. Made for a very loud drive home (about 200 miles) even with a cobbled repair of some flex exhaust pipe to close the hole.

Right south of Wichita there's a shop that has a big sign that reads "We buy catalytic converters" in chicken scratch. I thought it was funny.

If I'da known they were worth something, I wouldn't have broken the honeycomb out of my old Hyundai a few years back. It was clogging up the exhaust.

So just out of curiosity, how much is a junk catalytic converter worth? I’ve got a cat and a DPF sitting on the floor in my garage from when I deleted my pick-up.

The torpedo cats off certain year f250 or f350’s can fetch around $1000 right now. A friend of mine owns a scrap company so he knows the prices.

A couple of those should pay for your out of state elk tag and gas to get there. Happy hunting!!;)

Im trying to envision how much damage I could do to my foot by kicking a guy right in his chocolate starfish as hard as I can with my steel toes on when I catch them lying on their back under my truck. I'm sure it would be worth a sore foot.

Last edited:
This is rampant. I didn’t realize how much so until yesterday.

Happened in broad daylight at a park and ride lot.

View attachment 212664View attachment 212665View attachment 212666

Spent a good part of the afternoon on the phone with Allstate and my local shop. OE cats are on nationwide back order per Toyota.

I also ordered from Valhalla’s Shield. If you haven’t considered some sort of theft deterrent, you may want to. Our deductible is zero on this, if yours is 500 or more you are absolutely money ahead.
Good thing they can't get a Cat. off our Tesla! ;) 💥

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back