Yeti GOBOX Collection

Catalytic Converter Theft

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
A while back a car my dad and I put a motor in was having some breathing issues. We figured that the cat was completely clogged, and we were right. So we busted out all of the honeycomb and put it back on. Good as new and since KS doesn't test emissions, didn't cause any problems.

A while back a car my dad and I put a motor in was having some breathing issues. We figured that the cat was completely clogged, and we were right. So we busted out all of the honeycomb and put it back on. Good as new and since KS doesn't test emissions, didn't cause any problems.
Yeah, just ignore the service engine light. Runs fine.

Fire is an issue when debris build up on the skid plate. Just check it and clean it when driving through grass and such even during times of low wildfire risk.
Your cat can reach 1200° when under load hotter if the vehicle has a rich condition.

I ordered the steel version from talons garage along with the locking bolts. It was $50 off the powder coated version so basically I got a shipped for free. I figured it’s stupid not to for only $350.

I wish I could find something like that for my old-ass econoline. It got me thinking, though, does the whole cat need to be covered? I wonder if just covering the ends where they would cut the exhaust would be enough of a deterrent?

Wife wants to do the spray paint and etched VIN thing. Not sure it will help, but maybe.

My local dealer indicates that they have sold 10 sets of replacement cats in the last year (for my make, year and model). They don't have a factory solution. They have installed other customer's after-market plates.

I'm looking to find a solution for a 2010-2022 4RNR Limited. Talons' website states they aren't sure about fitment specific to the Limited (edit: No solution for X-REAS or KDSS at this time). It appears that MillerCAT has both aluminum ($300) and 304 stainless steel ($400) options in stock for my specific need. I will probably order one of them.

Has anyone else with a 5th Gen found a bolt-on solution?

Last edited:
I ordered the steel version from talons garage along with the locking bolts. It was $50 off the powder coated version so basically I got a shipped for free. I figured it’s stupid not to for only $350.
I got the RCI skidplates along with their cat guards for mine. Lots of folks seem to like the talons on the tundra forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back