Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Catalytic Converter Theft

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
This thread makes me nervous about parking my truck at trail heads. I also have a Tundra and those 4 cats are easily accessible for cutting off, no jack required. I wonder if running a few staggered beads of hard facing down the length of the pipe is worth it... you're not cutting through that with a Sawzall and I wouldn't have to worry about a "cage" getting hung up on brush, etc

I went out to start up my van the other day and it was sounding suspiciously noisy underneath.

Not sure what interrupted them, but at least they didn't get too far along.

View attachment 239104

Sigh. Almost 6 months to the day. We got home from a weekend away to find a gaping hole where the Cat used to be in the van. Now I'm shopping for cameras and looking for ways to make the cat less accessible.

What’s the best shield to install, budget aside, steel or aluminum? Ect Ect
Who makes the absolute best?

What’s the best shield to install, budget aside, steel or aluminum? Ect Ect
Who makes the absolute best?
Be careful! The converters generate immense heat. That's what makes them work. It's also what makes them dangerous! If you box in your converter, it may (probably will) start a fire.

Be careful! The converters generate immense heat. That's what makes them work. It's also what makes them dangerous! If you box in your converter, it may (probably will) start a fire.
By all the accounts that read on line they state that isn’t an issue. 🤷🏻‍♂️.
But who knows?

This thread makes me nervous about parking my truck at trail heads. I also have a Tundra and those 4 cats are easily accessible for cutting off, no jack required. I wonder if running a few staggered beads of hard facing down the length of the pipe is worth it... you're not cutting through that with a Sawzall and I wouldn't have to worry about a "cage" getting hung up on brush, etc
Yea, cutting mild steel is pretty easy with a sawzall but if you get into some harder metal, stainless, etc things get much more difficult to cut while under a car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back